Assistant/Associate Director of Development
The McIntire School of Commerce Foundation at the University of Virginia seeks an Assistant/Associate Director of Development to join the School’s Development & Engagement team. The Assistant/Associate Director of Development is a frontline fundraiser responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding prospects and donors for the McIntire School of Commerce. The Assistant/Associate Director will have a significant role in the McIntire School’s Inspire the Next Century campaign as part of the University of Virginia’s Honor The Future campaign. This position may be based in Charlottesville, Virginia or in the Northern Virginia/D.C. region.
- Build and manage a portfolio of current and prospective annual and major-gift level donors ($100K+) within an assigned region, and move them toward giving levels that achieve annual and long-range fundraising goals for the McIntire School of Commerce.
- Advance the mission of the School by raising support for key priorities including students, faculty, curriculum and research, and physical space.
- Create personalized strategies to cultivate, solicit, and steward individuals within his/her portfolio.
- Plan and execute 12-15 substantive visits monthly to current and prospective McIntire donors within portfolio and assigned region.
- Travel planning - including budget, event planning, donor visits, and timely follow up.
- Work with McIntire School leadership, faculty, and volunteers to engage prospects and to develop and implement cultivation and solicitation plans.
To fulfill the responsibilities associated with this position, the successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and previous fundraising or sales experience. Demonstrated success with individual solicitation in an education, nonprofit, or corporate setting is preferred. Experience in planned giving or estate planning is beneficial. The position requires frequent travel and diligent preparation and follow-up. Organization, initiative, flexibility, superior communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and in coordination with colleagues are absolutely vital to success in this position. The proven ability to exercise discretion and good judgment; the ability to work well with a variety of diverse constituents; excellent written and verbal communication skills; and attention to detail are a must. An enthusiastic, positive, “hands-on, take charge” personality and open communication style are desired. Some evening and weekend work is expected.
Interested applicants should email resume and cover letter to Brandy Amos, Human Resources Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is open until filled. The McIntire School of Commerce Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for Assistant/Associate Director of Development
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly