GW Facilities Services, Plumbing department is searching for a full-time Senior Plumber. This person will report to the Supervisor, Plumbing. The Plumbing Shop is part of the Facilities Services, Operation and Maintenance department that manages and maintains all academic and administrative building on all three campuses.
The core responsibilities are:
• Installs, maintains, and repairs plumbing fixtures and systems in accordance with District of Columbia Plumbing Code regulations while providing functional supervision to less experienced/specialized trades staff
• Connects and disconnects air, gas, water, vacuum, steam, and waste disposal systems.
• Assigns, inspects, and participates in the installation, maintenance, and repair of plumbing fixtures and equipment as directed by a Building Maintenance Team Supervisor.
• Insures that work is performed according to District of Columbia Plumbing Code regulations and OSHA codes.
• Estimates material requirements for Building Maintenance Team Supervisor.
• Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
This position does require the incumbent to be flexible and be available for on-call duty and weekend work as needed.
Qualified candidates will hold a high school diploma/GED plus 3 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.