Chief, Publications and IT Operations Section, 0301,CM-1
Occasional travel - May require occasion overnight travel.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation will be authorized in accordance to the FDIC travel policy.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Completion of Confidential Financial Disclosure may be required.
Employee may be relocated to any duty location to meet management needs.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious/spiritual; community; student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Additional qualifications information can be found here.
In order to qualify, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS/CG-13 level or higher in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as experience supervising or leading a staff, (i.e. planning/assigning work, determining priorities); developing information systems using internet technology for publications production, overseeing preparation and dissemination of official publications through all stages (including concept, writing, editing, layout, printing, publication and distribution) and analyzing financial data.
Applicants eligible for ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program) must achieve a score of 80 “well qualified” for this position. For more information, click here.
There is no substitution of education for experience for this position.
If selected, you may be required to serve a probationary period.
To read about your rights and responsibilities as an applicant for Federal employment, click here.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and the online assessment questionnaire will be reviewed to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
Your resume will also be evaluated to measure your responses to the assessment questions. If you rated yourself higher on the questionnaire than what is supported by your resume, your overall qualifications assessment may be adversely affected.
If you are found qualified, you will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. These category assignments are a measure of the degree in which your background and responses to the assessment questions match the competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) listed below. Within these categories, candidates eligible for veterans’ preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
- Knowledge of the methods and techniques of publications to oversee the preparation and dissemination of official publications through all stages including concept, writing, editing, layout, printing, publication and distribution.
- Knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies, documentation standards, and IT costing and budgeting principles.
- Knowledge of management practices, including the policies, principles, and guidelines relative to EEO, diversity, management development and labor/management
- Skill in planning the development and production of a wide variety of official Corporate publications and other written products, including ones targeted towards all levels of internal audiences, as well as those targeted toward external audiences.
- Ability to communicate orally with personnel at all levels of financial institutions and affiliated companies, FDIC employees and other regulatory agencies.
- Ability to manage and supervise employees, to include responsibility for setting goals and objectives, assigning work, evaluating performance, addressing performance or conduct challenges and developing and motivating employee
You do not need to respond separately to these KSAs. Your answers to the online questionnaire and resume will serve as responses to the KSAs.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Confidential Drug test required No