Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a Schedule A, Schedule C, or non-career SES political appointee
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-13 base salary range starts at $75,628.00 per year. Locality pay will be determined once the duty location has been established.
If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level or higher in the Federal service as defined below.
Specialized experience is defined as experience aligning IT budgets to the Technology Business Management taxonomy and model, utilizing a technology business management system as a technology business management analyst which includes performing ongoing importing, transformation, and rationalization of data from various systems of records; gathering functional and business requirements; deploying, validating and explaining reports; triaging technology business management change requests; monitoring data quality; documenting processes; and providing support and testing to upgrades and enhancements.
Bargaining Unit status: NFFE
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
Travel expenses associated with interviews may be approved. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
On a case-by-case basis, the following incentives may be approved:
- Recruitment incentive if you are new to the federal government
- Credit toward vacation leave if you are new to the federal government
Additional vacancies may be filled through this announcement in this or other GSA organizations within the same commuting area, as needed; through other means; or not at all.
If you are eligible under Merit Promotion, you may also apply under Vacancy Announcement #1800594SOMP. You must apply separately to each announcement to be considered for both.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will use a method called Category Rating to assess your application. Here’s how it will work:
- You will be scored on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Knowledge of financial management decision-making, statistical analysis methods, and financial reporting.1a. Skill in program analysis, management and evaluation methodologies, including the organizational theories and research principles necessary to perform broad, far-reaching studies impacting operations.
- Ability to develop strategies to respond to financial management issues.
Ability to prepare option papers or summary reports that include analysis and recommendations
3a. Ability to work closely with individuals and groups to resolve problems, analyze alternatives, negotiate differences, and make improvements.3b. Ability to serve as the spokeperson for the organization's interests and positions on complex issues and concepts in a variety of settings ranging from one on one conversations to formal presentations with internal or external agency officials.
- Your answers to the questions will be used to place you in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified
- We will verify your answers to the questions in your resume. If your resume doesn’t support your answers, we may lower your score, which could place you in a lower category.
- Within each category, veterans will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No