Change Management Consultant
CHANGE MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT
Office of Operations and Planning
Exempt, Contingent II, 100%-Full Time, Pay Grade 3.3
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Work closely with the Change Management Director to ensure that a structured change methodology is integrated into projects. Manage specific change elements of projects and/or ability to complete projects. Support Change Management efforts across UMUC through the development of communications and materials that facilitate change across multiple projects and stakeholders.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: 4 year university degree, preferably in Communications, English, or Business with demonstrated expertise in communications, training, and design practices. Experience with organizational Change Management a must.
BASIC EXPERIENCE/SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Collaborates with the Director to ensure that all change management efforts across the organization are coordinated and aligned with the strategic plan. Ability to lead enterprise-wide change management activities including: impact analyses, assessing change readiness, identifying key stakeholders and supporting project teams in integrating change management activities into their project plans.
- Demonstrated success in planning and executing organizational change, communications programs, training programs, as well as performance metrics that show success in these programs.
- 10+ years of experience leading, designing and implementing communications and training solutions in a change management environment. Experience authoring content utilizing a range of delivery methods including print, web pages, ILT, eLearning, and job aides.
- Experience in designing visual concepts to communicate ideas that inform and engage an audience. Ability to develop visually appealing and informative layouts for reports, presentations, web pages, and other communications.
- Knowledge of ProSci. Leverages knowledge, tools and templates of change management.
- Defines and measures success metrics and monitors change progress that establishes a consistent approach to measure the effectiveness of change management support.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with many partners and stakeholders.
- Effective team player; a highly motivated individual who contributes to an atmosphere in which enthusiastic people work hard and produce outstanding results.
- Able to build relationships at all levels of the organization with sensitivity to and knowledge of the different groups in the academic environment; capacity to build credibility and trust in a matrixed political environment.
- Demonstrate thought leadership and strategic thinking but yet capable and willing to be hands-on.
- Flexible and adaptable; willing to take risks and change strategies as needed.
- Strong presentation, facilitation, and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Proficient in use of communications, web-development, and design software needed to perform the role: all aspects of Microsoft Office and ancillary tools, working knowledge of Web-based communication tools: MS Office Suite 2010/2013, Microsoft Project Professional (2010 and/or 2013), Microsoft Visio, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator
- Strong facilitation, team building and change management skills (intuitive, agile, collaborative).
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills as well as skills in facilitation, program/project management planning and execution.
- Must be a self-starter who is extremely organized and detail-oriented, enjoys technology, and can work in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities while delivering high quality results.
- Knowledge of the academic environment a plus.
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.