The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO), headquartered in Rockville, MD, is the largest and most respected eye and vision research organization in the world. ARVO supports its 12,000 members in over 75 countries as they advance research to prevent, treat and cure diseases of the eye and visual systems.
We have a new opportunity for a Finance Coordinator to join our team and support ARVO departments in matters of accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial records management and journals collections.
Some of your key duties will be to:
- Manage invoices for payments from outside vendors and internal staff.
- Maintain outstanding checks; follow up with vendors.
- Initiate wire transfers for approval and payment.
- Manage corporate credit card receipts.
- Make physical deposits to the bank.
- Process all check, credit card and wire transfer settlement batches for posting.
- Reconcile and record monthly journal author invoice and receipt reports from third-party vendor.
- Prepare and update the collections reports.
- Follow up with the customers via e-mail.
- Maintain Accounts Payable/Vendor files, check register and back-up files.
Your qualifications should include:
- Bachelors’ degree in accounting or business
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills, the ability to multi-task, and the ability to work independently
- Software proficiency in Excel
- Experience with Intacct (or other online accounting system)
- Experience with NetForum (or other CRM system)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
ARVO provides a competitive compensation and outstanding benefits program to include: medical, dental, life and disability insurance, FSA, tuition reimbursement, flexible work schedule, and matching retirement savings plan.