Senior Director of Philanthropy & Corporate Fundraising
Reading Is Fundamental (RIF) is seeking an experienced philanthropy professional with a passion social impact. The Senior Director of Philanthropy & Corporate Fundraising is one part strategic leader, one part expert fundraiser, and one part skilled relationship manager. In this capacity, the Senior Director will work with the development team and CEO to evaluate, create, and execute philanthropy strategies to ensure a diverse and sustainable revenue portfolio to support RIF's mission. The Senior Director is responsible for the oversight, planning and implementation of a comprehensive fundraising program that secures significant financial resources from foundations, corporations, and community organizations in support of children's literacy.
The successful candidate will work with corporate and foundation donors to support RIF's mission and expand RIF's revenue and donor base while building a value proposition for corporate/foundation partners. The candidate will have demonstrated success in working with corporate donors and foundations to create compelling, engaging partnerships that support a culture of literacy and deliver collective impact.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage portfolio of foundation and corporate donors, ensuring the highest quality account management and deliverables.
- Prospect, network and acquire corporate/foundation partners through various methods and strategies.
- Work with internal teams to prepare detailed proposals for prospective partners.
- Ensure creative and flexible strategic planning; building and implementing proposals and quickly adapting as new opportunities and challenges emerge using advanced problem solving and process improvement approaches.
- Demonstrated ability to move proposals from planning to action and implementation.
- Account management of existing and new corporate/foundation partnerships, with the ability to build relationships at all levels and leverage the diverse skills and personalities of colleagues across the organization to achieve both revenue and mission based goals.
- Customer focused and responsive to the needs and interests of a broad portfolio of corporate/foundation donors.
- Collaborative - communicates effectively with senior corporate leaders, nonprofit professionals, and other constituencies to find areas of commonality and achieve shared goals.
- Plan and implement effective and innovative foundation and corporate cultivation, stewardship, outreach opportunities.
- Focus on short and long-term strategic priorities, ensuring RIF is positioned to support its mission.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years professional experience in philanthropy required, ideally in education, literacy or an organization that serves children.
- Demonstrated ability to build a culture of philanthropy within an organization and to enthusiastically and successfully engage in corporate and foundation solicitation.
- Proven success in writing grant proposals, asking for and closing donations, and building and maintaining long-term relationships with foundations and corporations.
- A successful track record in executing on strategy, setting priorities, managing multiple projects and working effectively under pressure to achieve individual and organizational goals.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, reliable and flexible; thrives in a fast-paced environment; a driving force who manages toward clarity, finds solutions and is able to think strategically about the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, an ability to listen to and balance, negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- A consummate team player with a flexible, collaborative and creative approach who can lead from behind and empower teammates to contribute their best.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Recognized credential in the development field (e.g., CFRE, GPC, or equivalent) preferred
RIF offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision plans, generous annual leave, 403(b) plan with company contribution and company paid life and disability.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements for consideration.