25% or less - Travel may be required
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: (All grade levels) Four (4) year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher professional engineering degree. The curriculum must: 1) be in a school of engineering accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) or 2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: a) Statics, dynamics, b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships), c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics, d) thermodynamics; e) electrical fields and circuits; f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics. OR
A combination of education and experience. The education must include courses equivalent to a major in engineering, as shown above. To be qualifying your experience must be sufficient to demonstrate: Thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying professional engineering, and a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering.
This must be demonstrated by meeting one (1) of the following:
1. Current registration as an Engineer Intern (EI), Engineer in Training (EIT), or licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE) by any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico.
2. Written Test showing evidence of having successfully passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination, or any other written test required for professional registration.
3. Successful completion of at least 60 semester hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences that included the courses specified in the basic requirements.
4. Successful completion of a curriculum leading to a bachelor's degree in an appropriate scientific field, e.g., engineering technology, physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, mathematics, hydrology, or geology, may be accepted in lieu of a degree in engineering, provided that you have had at least 1 year of professional engineering experience acquired under professional engineering supervision and guidance.
In addition to meeting the basic requirements described above, you must meet the following:
GRADE-13: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes experience that is related to the work of this position and has provided you with the competencies required for successful job performance. Qualifying experience is having the expert knowledge and technical understanding of the fundamental principles of professional engineering and scientific disciplines to research, design, develop and maintain integrated computer hardware/software information systems; Maintains knowledge of computing technology, relevant research, industry trends, Government requirements to design, acquire and implement developmental systems. Knowledge of systems design principles and development methodologies to modify and upgrade systems; Knowledge of information systems practices in areas such as applications development, systems integration, telecommunications, database management, security, and software engineering; Technical knowledge of the discipline and principles of IT configuration management. At this level your experience should include formulating and applying new IT design principles based on broad architectural guidance; Assessing project effectiveness; Participating in resolving mission critical agency-wide issues; Assisting with the development of Service-wide information systems.
GRADE 14: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes experience that is related to the work of this position and has provided you with the competencies required for successful job performance. Qualifying experience is having the mastery knowledge and technical experience of fundamental principles of professional engineering and scientific disciplines research, design, development integrated computer hardware/software information systems; expert experience of systems design principles and development methodologies; experience with information systems practices in areas such as applications development, systems integration, telecommunications, database management, security, and software engineering.
-The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
-To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
- Must meet IRS telework eligibility requirements
- Tour of Duty: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- A 1 year probationary period is required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation including an FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form.
- I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Undergo an income tax verification.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a "not qualified" determination.
This position will be filled through the Direct Hire Authority. Under this authority, competitive rating, ranking, and veterans' preference procedures do not apply. Your application will be considered based on education, training, and quality of your experience. For more information on Direct-Hire Authority visit: OPM Direct Hire Fact Sheet.
Referral: Applicants who meet the basic qualification requirements may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview (telephonic and/or in person at the discretion of the Selecting Official in accordance with hiring polices). We will not] reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.
This vacancy announcement will be used as a register to fill vacancies via Direct Hire. Contingent upon funding and space requirements, one or more vacancies may be filled in the individuals locations listed below as they become available in that location.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No