Training and Education Program Manager
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Applicants must have a minimum of seven years of project management experience, upon completion of their degree, which is in or directly related to the line of work of this position and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position.
- Applicants must have demonstrated work experience leading project workstreams.
- Applicants must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, strong presentation skills, and the ability to interact successfully with staff at all levels. Good organization and planning skills a must.
- Applicants must have demonstrated knowledge and experience integrating and applying feedback in a professional manner.
- Prior experience with learning management systems.
- Prior experience with multimedia communications and/or media production.
- PMP certification.
- Supervisory experience.
Applicants must possess a bachelor's degree from an accredited university. A master's degree from an accredited university is preferred.
- This position is in the excepted service and does not carry the tenure rights of positions in the competitive Civil Service.
- All information is subject to verification. Applicants are advised that false answers or omissions of information on application materials or inability to meet the following conditions may be grounds for non-selection, withdrawal of an offer of employment, or dismissal after being employed.
- Selection for this position is contingent upon completion of OF-306, Declaration for Federal Employment during the pre-employment process and proof of U.S. citizenship or, for noncitizens, proof of authorization to work in the United States and proof of entitlement to receive compensation. Additional information on the employment of non-citizens can be found at: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Employment_of_Non-citizens. For a list of documents that may be used to provide proof of citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, please refer to http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf.
- A background security investigation is required for all selectees. Appointment will be subject to a selectee's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. A background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time.
- All new Commission employees must identify a financial institution for direct deposit of pay before appointment, mandated by the Federal Compensation Act.
- All new Commission employees, those converted from a temporary appointment to a permanent appointment, and all rehired former Commission employees are required to serve a one year probationary period.The probationary period begins on the effective date of the employee's appointment, conversion, or rehire.
- If appointed to a temporary position, management may have the discretion of converting the position to permanent depending upon funding and staffing allocation.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The Commission evaluates applicants through a structured interview. Applicants may also be screened for some jobs through a narrative/application review, and/or a preliminary telephone interview. Applicants who do not address the qualification requirements (mandatory and preferred) in his or her application materials as stated in the vacancy announcement are automatically disqualified from consideration and must re-apply before the closing date to be considered for employment.
The Office of Human Resources:
- Reviews the applicant's application to ensure the proper materials are submitted.
- Ensures that the application addresses all of the qualification requirements (mandatory and preferred) as stated in the vacancy announcement.
- Determines whether the applicant meets the qualification requirements for the particular position and notifies the applicant about the status of his or her application.