Network Technicians - 1650
The MIL Corporation seeks a Network Administrator to support a Federal Government client at our St. Inigoes, MD location. The Network Administrator will work independently to provide on-call support for National Guard personnel operating the multiple components that comprise the Consequence Management Communication Systems (CMCS).
• Provide network administration and support to an enterprise architecture
• Work independently to provide on-call support for National Guard personnel operating the multiple components that comprise the Consequence Management Communication Systems (CMCS)
• Provide CMCS Subject Matter expertise
• Respond to Trouble Reports (which can be triggered by users, sensors, and/or operational personnel)
• Upon completion of the Trouble Report, the SME will file the required information in the CMCS database
• Work one-on-one with the end-user to assess the trouble report, develop a solution, and assist the end-user in the implementation of that solution.
•5 years of Network Administrator experience
• Knowledge of backup products and methodologies, and support of web-based applications for internal (intranet) site and external (Internet) sites
• Proficient in the configuration and administration of Cisco, VMware and Microsoft Server 2008/2012 architecture
• Knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and internet standards, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, SMTP, RADIUS, PKI, VoIP, and SNMP
• In-depth knowledge and be capable of troubleshooting layers 1-7 of the OSI model in an operational environment
• Possess the ability to effectively prioritize tasking in a high-pressure team-oriented collaborative environment and have strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• IT certifications: Security+ w/CE, DoDI 8570 Level 2 Cert
• Proficient with Microsoft Word & Excel
• Ability to work on a team of specialists providing on-call support
• Possess current Secret security clearance
• Ability to provide rotation for on-call support for nights, weekends, and holidays
• Experience using IP routing protocols (OSPF & BGP), LAN switching technologies and WAN Technologies in support of satellite communications systems and network engineering
• Knowledge of Network security countermeasures, including firewalls, access control lists, intrusion detection, and encryption devices
• Familiarity with applying DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to switches, routers, etc.
• Knowledge of advanced or complex network engineering or IT requirements (installation, configuration, maintenance, etc.) within unclassified or classified networks
• Experience with LAN/WAN equipment hardware installation, configuration and maintenance support for switches and routers
• Platform IT/Systems Integration experience
• Familiarity with Cisco, Brocade and Juniper LAN/WAN switches and routers
• Familiarity with the Patuxent River RDT&E network infrastructure
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.