Part-time Faculty Mental Health
6 days left
- Full Time
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Job TitlePart-time Faculty Mental Health
Job Description SummaryThe Montgomery College Mental Health Program provides instruction for those interested in the principles and field experience of mental health as a career. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated instructor who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the CollegeJob Description
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management's sole discretion.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Teaching classes in accordance with provided curriculum.
- Advising students on their progress.
- Grading assignments and submitting grades on time.
- Demonstrates evidence of teaching excellence.
- A Master's degree in the field of Counseling Psychology, Mental Health or Human Services or Social Work
- Must be an industry practitioner in either the field of mental health or human services.
- Must have prior teaching experience of adult learners for courses governed by the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Ed.D. or Ph.D, in counseling psychology, or a licensed certified Social Worker - Clinical (LCSW-C), or in Social Work or Human Services.
- Three-years of teaching experience with adult learners.
- Five-years of experience as a practitioner in Counseling Psychology, Mental Health or Human Services or Social Work.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- For consideration, you must:
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: email@example.com
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.