7 days left
- Full Time
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century. Dewberry is currently seeking an experienced Land Survey Instrument Operator. Applicant must be responsible, highly motivated, and a detail oriented individual interested in joining our Land Surveying department in the Northern Virginia area as an Instrument Operator to serve our Mid-Atlantic territory. Applicant must be able to work in a team environment as a key member of a survey crew assisting in the performance of boundary, ALTA, topographic, right-of way acquisition, transmission line, transportation, and construction surveys utilizing the latest equipment and surveying technology with the ability to supervise the crew or work independently if necessary.The position has opportunity for advancement for a motivated individual willing to grow with the changing skills and technology required of a Land Surveyor.
- Assist the field supervisor with all aspects of the daily crew workload.
- Work in a safe manner and obey all safety regulations.
- Supervise the survey crew in the absence of the crew chief.
- Work independently as a one person crew as required.
- Daily uploading and downloading of data collectors.
- Daily care and charging of instrumentation.
- Continually advance knowledge with upgrades in technology.
- Minimum of three years of survey experience required.
- Must have a High School Diploma (Minimum).
- Must have good Mathematical skills.
- Must have good computer and data collector skills.
- Must be proficient with the use of Topcon and Trimble survey equipment. (GPS, Robotics, Total Stations, Levels, and Data Collectors).
- Must be proficient with Carlson SurvCE, and Trimble Survey Controller data collection software.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to pass a driving record check.
- Must pass a drug test.
- Must be dependable.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance is a plus.
- Must be physically able to work outdoors and on construction sites under all weather conditions and terrain.
- Ability to stoop, crawl, bend at the knees and waist, squat and lift 50 lbs; includes body weight, equipment, tools and boxes, in addition the ability to stand for long periods on varied surfaces.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Must be willing and able to travel for extended periods.
- Experience with Electric Transmission and Oil and Gas Transmission projects a plus.