JOB DESCRIPTION: PROGRAM ASSISTANT
Assists with coordination of ISAC membership programs, educational programs, meetings, marketing communications, accounting services, and committee, task force and volunteer management. Reports to the Executive Director but also assists ISAC’s education director, programs manager and membership and marketing communications manager.
- Assists with coordination of CYTO, ISAC’s annual congress, and other ISAC programs. Assists with ISAC committee, task force and volunteer management.Schedules and prepares materials for conference calls and meetings, drafts correspondence, meeting minutes and reports, follows up on action items and deliverables.
- Assists with coordination of ISAC’s educational programs and management of education volunteers. Under direction of ISAC’s education director, monitors, edits, uploads and updates content on CYTO U via ISAC’s learning management system. Assists with coordination of CYTO U webinar series. Prepares monthly CYTO U usage reports. Assists with obtaining copyright permissions, providing CMLE continuing education credits and customer service.
- Assists with ISAC’s marketing communications efforts. Drafts ISAC’s marketing communications pieces such as promotional materials, marketing emails, newsletters, press releases and other online communications. Monitors, edits and updates the content on ISAC’s Web sites and social media outlets.
- Assists with ISAC’s membership services. Serves as the primary contact for membership inquiries and responds in a timely, organized and polite manner via email and phone and forward appropriate queries to other staff. Helps maintain integrity of ISAC membership database; regularly updates contact information for individuals and employers/organizations. Facilitates group billing preparation and coordinates Corporate Memberships as part of the annual renewal process. Provides journal publisher with regular updates on journal subscribers and resolves subscription-related problems.
- Assist with coordination of ISAC’s leadership development programs, ISAC outreach programs and awards programs. Processes applications, distributes for review, communicates with applicants and award winners and provides customer service. Assists with coordination of the judging process, associated functions and programs at CYTO, such as ISAC leadership development day and the awards ceremony, and elsewhere. Orders awards.
- Assists with coordination of President’s Reception RSVP process, bi-annual call for volunteers application and selection process, CYTO workshop application and selection process, fundraising and industry relations and other programs.
- Assists with accounting and general office duties. Processes expense reimbursement reports. Codes invoices and bills and assist with documentation of revenue received. Orders supplies.Distributes mail.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Familiarity and/or interest in website content editing and database management
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time, and reprioritize as necessary
- Able to thrive in a small staff, team environment
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills that enable you to work effectively with staff, both individually and in a team environment, with vendors and with volunteers at all levels (leadership, members, committees, etc.)
- Must be a doer, able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment with demanding deadline schedules.
- Strong customer service orientation and satisfaction in providing assistance.
- Cultural literacy and ability to work in international settings
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or relevant field preferred.
1-3 years of related experience in association management, science, membership, marketing, communications or event planning.
Experience working with volunteers, customers or members preferred.
Experience with web and mobile technologies; web content management; e-mail marketing systems; and other membership based communications technology.
Experience with association management software and Microsoft Office applications.
International experience preferred.
Work is primarily performed in the ISAC office during normal business hours. Travel and other work related assignments on weekends and evenings are possible. Telecommuting up to one day a week may be granted after one year but is not guaranteed.
Sitting and /or standing for a full work day
Extensive use of computer keyboard, mouse and monitor
Routinely lift objects less than 10 lbs and occasionally lift objects up to 40 lbs.
Work will also be required at ISAC meeting venues including convention centers and hotels.
Participation in conference calls outside of normal business hours may be required.
Travel, including international, to work at ISAC meetings will be required. Inclusion of weekends may be involved.
The International Society for Advancement of Cytometry (ISAC) is a great place for an individual to start his or career, be exposed to many areas of nonprofit management and start making an impact around the world. ISAC is an international, interdisciplinary and innovative scientific organization with nearly 2,000 members who work around the world to advance the impact of cytometry in meeting current and emerging challenges in the life, biomedical and physical sciences. ISAC is in a strong period of growth and expansion and has just transitioned from being managed by an Association Management Company.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume to ISAC at email@example.com. Please title the email Program Assistant.