Registered Nurse-Unit Coordinator
RN-Bachelor's Level Degree OR
RN-Doctorate Level Degree OR
RN-Master's Level Degree
Required: Nursing - Previous experience
Preferred: None, unless noted in the “Other” section below
Required: Registered Nurse
Preferred: Basic Life Support
None, unless noted in the “Other” section below
18 months nursing experience required. BSN required; Master degree preferred, if the graduate degree is not in nursing then the BSN is required. Meets any requirements defined by specific specialty. BLS required within 90 days of hire. Professional Specialty Nursing Certification preferred.
Full-time Night shift
About this Unit:
4 East is a 16 bed inpatient nursing unit. We provide quality care to adult medical/surgical patients who are acutely ill or injured. We specialize in post-operative surgical patient care. The most common types of clinical conditions include:
General surgery inclusive of emergent and elective:
- Davinci Robotic surgery for colon, urology, and gyn surgeries
- Urology including TURB, continuous bladder irrigation, stent placement
- Gynecology surgeries inclusive of bladder/colon resections
- Vascular inclusive of amputations, femoral popliteal bypass, fistulas
- Mastectomies and variable staging of breast reconstruction
- Soft tissue traumas inclusive of gunshot/stab wounds, MVAs, chest tubes
- Diverticulitis, crohns, ulcerative colitis, colitis, fistulas e.g. colorectal
- Kidney injury, acute and chronic
- Sepsis, pneumonia, asthma, diabetes
About Virginia Beach General Hospital:
Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital is a 276-bed acute care facility that has a long history of commitment to the city, offering specialized, tertiary services. It is the region's only Level III Trauma Center and home to the Sentara Heart Center. Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital offers many advanced clinical services. The hospital specializes in orthopedics, neurosurgery, thoracic and colorectal surgery and sleep disorders. Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital is one of the region's accredited stroke centers.
Sentara employees strive to make our communities healthier places to live. We're setting the standard for medical excellence within a vibrant, creative, and highly productive workplace. For more information about our employee benefits, CLICK HERE!
Join our team, where we are committed to quality healthcare, improving health every day, and provide the opportunity for training, development, growth!
Minimum of 18-months nursing experience