RN (Registered Nurse) Case Manager
RN-Bachelor's Level Degree
Required: Nursing - 3 years
Preferred: None, unless noted in the “Other” section below
Required: Registered Nurse
Preferred: Basic Life Support
Required: Communication, Critical Thinking, Service Orientation
Preferred: None, unless noted in the “Other” section belowSentara Martha Jefferson Hospital, located in Charlottesville, Virginia, has multiple opportunities available for full time RN (Registered Nurse) Case Managers to join our team.
**SIGN ON BONUS UP TO $15,000
TO CANDIDATES SUCCESSFULLY HIRED**
- Responsibility and accountability for the provision and facilitation of comprehensive care coordination services and quality outcomes for patients across the continuum.
- Promoting effective utilization and monitoring of health services.
- Collaborating and communicating with the healthcare team and patient/caregiver to manage care and transitions.
- Developing and/or implementing a comprehensive care plan based on assessment and evaluation of patient/caregiver needs.
- Functioning in one of the following practice settings: Acute Care, Service Lines, Ambulatory/Community-based, Home Health, and Long Term Care.
- Being an integral part of a multidisciplinary team that meets our mission of improving health every day.
- Providing care to the patient and family over the entire inpatient stay, developing a relationship;
- Acting as a clinical leader of the healthcare team, driving decisions to assure the safest, most effective transition plan for patients and families;
- Working in a team of nurses and social workers, using each other's expertise;
- Helping to drive hospital and organizational strategic initiatives in always improving patient care
Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital, located in Charlottesville, Virginia, is a Magnet status, 176-bed facility featuring all patient friendly private rooms. Since its founding more than 100 years ago, Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital has constantly evolved to meet the diverse healthcare needs of the patients who trust us with their care. Today, our vision is as clear as it was to our founders. We will continue to set the standard for clinical quality and personalized healthcare services. Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital was recognized by Soliant Health as the 2012 Most Beautiful Hospital in America.Sentara Benefits
As the third largest employer in Virginia, Sentara Healthcare was named by Forbes Magazine as one of America's best large employers. We offer a variety of amenities to our employees, including, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Annual Leave, Sick Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement funds with matching contribution
- Supplemental insurance policies, including legal, Life Insurance and AD&D among others
- Work Perks program including discounted movie and theme park tickets among other great deals
- Opportunities for further advancement within our organization
Sentara employees strive to make our communities healthier places to live. We're setting the standard for medical excellence within a vibrant, creative, and highly productive workplace. For information about our employee benefits, please visit:
Join our team! We are committed to quality healthcare, improving health every day, and provide the opportunity for training, development and growth!
BLS (if in a clinical setting). For Integrated Care Management departments, specialty certification required within one year of eligibility (ACM, CCM, CCCTM or RN-BC). For other service lines, certification based on specialty area required within one year of eligibility. 3 years Case Management experience preferred. For those in Behavioral Health - Certification in de-escalation training within 15 days of hire and annually. PACE specific incumbents for this position require a minimum of one year of experience working with the frail or elderly population.