Principle Application Architect
This application architect will be primarily supporting ambulatory departments and users, and should be certified in multiple Epic applications, with at least one of the following:
- EpicCare Ambulatory
- EpicCare Inpatient Clinical Documentation
- EpicCare Inpatient Procedure Orders
- Hospital Outpatient Departments
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Oversee the design process for application software to include leading brainstorming sessions from a technical, workflow and process improvement perspective.
- Work with PMO to scope projects, define timelines and resource requirements, as well as technical aspects.
- Solve specific problems by understanding the core of the problem and soliciting specific requirements and goals with the understanding of how those requirements fit into the broader enterprise context
- Act as a bridge integrating the solution for the particular project with the business domain, enterprise concerns, industry standards, established patterns and best practices
- Communicate clearly and effectively using a variety of methods appropriate for the target audience and be able to filter what details are and are not important as well as able to present in conceptual, logical and physical architectures which clearly communicate the solution as well as the importance and value to stakeholders throughout the organization
- Focus on the end user and the workflow efficiencies to influence IT projects and systems to support end user acceptance and utilization
- Add value by influencing scope definitions and workflow designs of projects and enhancements
- Keep abreast of new Epic functionality and best practice along with industry trends related to the technology and departments supported
- Understand the complex workflows and issues facing the operating departments supported and is able to develop proposed solutions with applicable areas in the IT division
- Work independently in managing multiple priorities and knowing when to escalate issues
- Work collaboratively within and across teams
- Serve as a mentor and trainer for other IT staff in areas of configuration or development of software
Candidates must possess the following skills:
- Strategic mindset
- Ability to influence others
- Big picture perspective
- Leadership ability
- Respect alternative viewpoints
- Creative and innovative
- Ability to adapt and adjust
- Keen observer
- Strong Epic knowledge
- Customer focus
- Positive attitude
Sentara Benefits: Sentara employees strive to make our communities healthier places to live. We're setting the standard for medical excellence within a vibrant, creative, and highly productive workplace. For more information about our employee benefits, CLICK HERE!
Join our team, where we are committed to quality healthcare, improving health every day, and provide the opportunity for training, development, growth!Education Level
Bachelor's Level Degree - Experience in lieu of education: Yes
Required: Healthcare - 7 years, Information System Support - Previous experience, Information Technology - 7 years
Preferred: None, unless noted in the “Other” section below
None, unless noted in the “Other” section below
Preferred: None, unless noted in the “Other” section belowSentara Healthcare's Information Technology Dept is seeking an experienced Application Architect for our Sentara Independence location.
Technical or EHR configuration specific to the technologies being supported. This is an expert position and a deep understanding of the technologies is required.