DIVERSITY & INCLUSION SPECIALIST
7 days left
- Full Time
Human Resources is looking for a highly motivated teammate who can provide leadership, and guidance towards Arlington County's Diversity and Inclusion goals. This Specialist will collaborate with internal partners to drive alignment of our diversity and inclusion goals and to retain a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. This individual will build partnerships and networks internally and within the community to ensure that Arlington County continues to build and promote a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
Specific duties and assignments include:
- Serving as the enterprise thought leader on best practices and industry trends, and creating the Arlington County strategy and approach for diversity and inclusion;
- Diagnosing organization challenges, design solutions, and implementing large-scale change;
- Partnering with Recruitment and Selection and Organizational Development to develop and implement initiatives to attract, retain, and promote a diverse talent pool and to promote Arlington as an employer of choice;
- Advising senior leaders on strategies for achieving diversity goals for a wide variety of County positions;
- Partnering with the County's Human Rights Office to address barriers and to develop strategies to achieve goals associated with the County's Affirmative Action Plan (AAP);
- Building alliances/partnerships with diversity organizations, local organizations, high schools and institutes of higher learning to source diverse talent;
- Supporting established Employee Resource Groups (ERGS) and establishing new ERGS for the organization;
- Collaborating with Training and Organizational Development to create a core curriculum for Diversity and Inclusion training, and delivering cross cultural training, presentations, workshops, and other learning initiatives;
- Facilitating discussions and providing guidance on workforce diversity best practices, programs and policies in support of organizational goals; and
- Evaluating and reporting metrics measuring the outcomes of County diversity, inclusion, and outreach efforts.
The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to effectively present sensitive subject matter both orally and in writing and to collaborate across all levels of the organization on complex issues related to diversity and inclusion or similar issues. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Human Resources professional with strong analytical skills to positively influence and impact the organizational culture.
Minimum: Education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, or related field and substantial experience developing and delivering diversity and inclusion programs and business solutions that enhance diversity and inclusion efforts.
Desirable Qualifications: Preference may be given to applicants with one or more of the following:
- Broad knowledge of diversity and inclusion best practices, resources and access points;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative data;
- Experience building partnerships with external networks and internal influencers to promote organizational goals;
- Ability to articulate the bottom-line impact of diversity and inclusion initiatives across functions;
- Master's degree in a related field;
Please complete the application in its entirety. A resume will not substitute for the completed application. Your responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire are considered part of the selection process. Please do not enter "see resume" as a response to the questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Arlington County offers a competitive salary and a great benefits package including a Defined Benefit (pension) plan. For more information on Arlington's family friendly benefits, click here.
This position offers a flexible work schedule and an opportunity for teleworking.
This position is listed as "open continuous." Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on a regular basis and interviews conducted continuously with qualified applicants. If your application is received later in the recruitment process, it may not be reviewed or considered. The application process will close when the position has been filled or when a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.