Front End Developer
Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
The Washington Post is looking for a highly motivated front end developer/engineer who want to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment using the latest technologies. This candidate is expected to spend 80% of their time on hands-on development and the remainder on architecture/design/technical documentation. Our work is challenging and rewarding and our success is measured through the millions of customer's we serve each day. This is a unique opportunity to work with a world class newsroom and design team and take our digital platform to the next level.
This specific project will be supporting Arc Publishing - https://www.arcpublishing.com/
- Analyze application requirements and provide recommended technical design solutions that are efficient, scalable, maintainable, and accurately meet the needs of the business
- Participate in the visual design process, advising on how front‑end technologies can be applied to potential product designs.
- Participate in resolving challenging and demanding problems within the production environment.
- Research and make recommendations on software tools, new approaches and new technologies
- 2+ years of Web development
- Experience developing with XML, JSON, XSL (PHP, Django, Python, Rails or other DB experience a plus
- Docker, Amazon AWS experience a plus
- Experience using Tag libraries and JSTL in JSPs
- Experience working with Responsive and Adaptive designs for differing device capabilities
- Foundational understanding of Servlets and J2EE concepts is a plus
- Ability to work in a variety of environments (Java, PHP, Python, Node.js)
- Experience with large scale Enterprise CMS a plus