IT Business Analyst (1180-679)
The Business Analyst (BA) is a hands-on, non-supervisory position responsible for delivering project requirements; in supporting project teams; and in improving the products/services delivered by IT, on Information Technology (IT) Project teams. Business Analyst conducts project intake assessments to inform how incoming requests score on organizational factors such as compliance, risk, fiscal year goals, and interdependencies among other requests and systems. They coordinate system outage requests. Individuals in this role must be able to communicate clearly, listen, mitigate conflicts, collect requirements, and achieve desired results. They must be able to work across multiple organizational boundaries/levels to translate business needs into effective requirements statements and identify where requests can be addressed by current functionality. This is an operational, tactical level role directly related to high value delivery of customer requirements within a fast-paced, rapidly changing organization.Roles and Responsibilities
- Evaluates incoming requests for Information Technology (IT) Projects with Business Relationship Managers (BRMs), requesters, stakeholders, others and presents results to IT cross-functional teams
- Works as team member with Project Managers (PMs) to gather and document requirements from business relationship managers (BRMs), stakeholders, subject-matter experts (SMEs) and technical experts
- Facilitates business analysis, requirements gathering sessions, and writes project requirements
- Ensures requirements are ready for approval, development and are testable
- Understands the integration and data consumption patterns between various systems, current/future state, user stories, process flows to support project team members
- Prepares project artifacts including use cases, user stories, workflows, process flows, and other documents as deemed necessary in consultation with PMs and in alignment with project methodology chosen.
- Responds to requirement related inquiries, clarification requests, and updates requirements while partnering with PMs
- Records design decisions, which may be discussed during requirements gathering meetings, in project repository
- Participates in requirement change requests and testing as needed
- Tracks and maintains requirements backlog for availability into subsequent projects. Ensures high-level project backlog requirements are documented and available in central repository
- Coordinates system outages requested by IT teams with stakeholders
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business required, or equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education.
- At least five 5 years of progressive experience in IT as Business Analyst
- Proven success as a business analyst, with demonstrated ability to deliver requirements as an individual contributor.
- Excellent communication skills; expresses technical and business/functional requirements with high level of competency both orally and in writing. Listens attentively and reinforces key concepts. Must be able to follow written and verbal directions from individuals and groups expeditiously.
- Experience handling multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic, deadline-oriented environment with ability to reach decisions in a timely manner.
- Experience delivering quality requirements documents, process maps, user stories, use cases/diagrams, and other key artifacts as an individual contributor in a timely manner to meet project deadlines.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from detailed information to a more general understanding
- Ability to distinguish solution ideas from requirements with attention to capturing the appropriate level of details required for accuracy.
- Defines and organize tasks, responsibilities and priorities. Takes responsibility for timely delivery and is an accountable member of the team.
- Ability to produce quality requirements documents, process maps, use case diagrams, and other key artifacts.
- Collaborates with other members of the project team, involves others in making decisions that affect them. Draws on the strengths of colleagues, accepts assistance from other team members, and gives credit to others’ contributions and achievements.
- Possesses ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic, deadline-oriented environment, and works with team to reach key decisions in a timely manner.
- Adoptable to changing needs of the organization and willingness to take-on ad hoc tasks as needed. Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of change and ambiguity.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Excel). Jira and Confluence experience is a plus.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) preferred.
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular