FSNE Nutrition Educator and Project Leader —Worcester/Somerset Counties or Harford County
Position Summary: This posting is for 2 separate positions, both 12 month, term appointments. The full-time positions are part of the Food Supplement Nutrition Education program (FSNE) conducted by the University of Maryland Extension. The educator will deliver nutrition education programs to low income residents in Worcester and Somerset Counties or Harford County with emphasis on reaching food stamp recipients. The Worcester/Somerset position will be housed at the Worcester County Extension office in Snow Hills, MD, and the Harford County position will be housed at the Harford County Extension Office in Forest Hill, MD.
• Serve as Project Leader for Worcester/Somerset Counties or Harford County FSNE Project.
• Develop the FSNE annual proposal with input from collaborators.
• Manage FSNE project budget, including tracking and documenting expenditures.
• Plan and conduct nutrition education programs for food stamp participants in Worcester and SomersetCounties or Harford County.
• Collaborate with local food assistance programs to develop and distribute nutrition information.
• Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community organizations to plan, implement, and evaluate programs and seek new partnerships to deliver nutrition education programs, with a focus on multi- level interventions as depicted in the Socio-EcologicalModel.
• Use FSNE evaluation instruments to conduct program assessment and report formative, process, and outcome evaluation data.
• Attend FSNE staff development programs and participate in monthly conference calls.
EOE Apply By September 24!