General Administration Supervisor I/Coordinator I
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience. Anticipated starting salary is in the low to mid $50s.
Web Announcement :
Academic Affairs Operations Manager
The George Mason University, College of Science invites applications for the open position of Academic Affairs Operations Manager. The College of Science is committed to enhancing the collegeâ€™s strength in theoretical, experimental, and computational sciences by promoting excellence in academic and research programs. Our academic programs and pioneering research initiatives at locations throughout Northern Virginia provide world-class scientific leadership in a wide variety of areas important to modern society. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The AA Operations Manager will manage and implement operations and strategic projects for the Academic Affairs team in the College of Science (COS), including providing support to the Associate Dean, Directors, and Associate Directors. The successful candidate will support projects involving the enrollment management, K-12 (including STEAM outreach, dual enrollment and Governorâ€™s School), community college, and global enrollment pipeline development, curriculum matters, distance learning, and other projects as assigned. The incumbent will serve as the Academic Affairsâ€™ operational liaison. The main duties of this position are:
- Supporting the development and documentation of, and compliance with, operational procedures for the Academic Affairs team;
- Work with the team on creating, editing, and maintaining records of grants, correspondence, presentations, proposals, Memoranda of Agreement, spreadsheets, and outreach materials;
- Organizing and implementing Academic Affairs meetings and events with internal and external stakeholders;
- Serving as an Academic Affairs liaison, particularly in regard to financial matters, including grants;
- Reviewing direct expenditures for the COS Academic Affairs office, verifying allowability, allocability, and availability of budget prior to the creation of expenditures, with most purchasing being completed by the Academic Affairs Coordinator;
- Answering questions regarding fund and indirect org management and verifying budget availability, allowability and allocability for purchases;
- Review that appropriate means are used to procure goods (e.g. eVA purchasing system, P Card, purchase order, check request, honorarium request, invoice payments) and reconciling receipts with invoices/statements;
- Assisting with reviewing allowability/allocability of travel expenditures and availability of budget prior to submitting it for approval;
- Providing guidance on College, University, State and Federal policies related to grant management;
- Monitoring sponsored project, E&G, Indirect and Foundation funds;
- Reallocating direct expenditures, if needed;
- Assisting with no-cost extension requests as needed;
- Utilizing university information systems to generate and compile data reports in support of the design and creation of programs, courses, or other activities as needed;
- Ensure project compliance with COS, GMU, State and Federal policies, regulations and award terms and conditions;
- Support research and information-sharing as-needed across project stakeholders;
- Support the design and monitoring of project implementation plans with clear deliverables and deadlines; and
- Support the planning and implementation of project activities on an as-needed basis, to include delivery of on- and off-campus outreach and programming for students, faculty, community and organizational partners, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience working with budgets;
- Strong proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience creating marketing materials;
- Ability to work well on a team;
- Ability to quickly prioritize and change focus;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills: both oral and written;
- Exceptional customer service skills; and
- Ability to consistently act with professionalism.
- Graphics experience;
- Experience with Banner products; and
- Experience with MicroStrategy.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :