Administrative and Office Specialist III
6 days left
- Full Time
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
George Mason Universitys Volgenau School of Engineering (VSE), Office of the Dean, seeks a proactive, organized and self-reliant professional for a Personnel Assistant position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment. This position reports to the HR Specialist for the Volgenau School of Engineering.
Responsibilities: The Personnel Assistant is a key position in the coordination and oversight of several administrative and personnel functions for the Volgenau School of Engineering. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Hiring and onboarding process of all VSE Graduate Research Assistants, and Part-time hourly Wage employees hired through the Office of the Dean;
- Coordinating and providing oversight of the Graduate Teaching/Research Assistant hiring process for VSE;
- Communicating and enforcing policy as it relates to eligibility requirements for Graduate Teaching/Research Assistants;
- Maintaining a tracking system for pending and completed personnel actions;
- Serving as a point of contact for personnel related questions;
- Facilitating and supporting the search committee training process for faculty and classified recruits;
- Performing entry of classified and faculty job recruitments;
- Assisting the VSE HR Specialist with other administrative and personnel functions as needed.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated; have good communication, diplomacy, and interpersonal skills; ability to maintain confidentiality; ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast paced environment; and the ability to work independently when needed and in a team-oriented environment when needed. Must prioritize work assignments and manage time effectively. Must effectively handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously and meet deadlines, often under pressure, while maintaining flexibility regarding changes in priorities.
- Ability to receive, follow, and adhere to instructions;
- Openness to constructive feedback;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal), customer service skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community;
- Knowledge of university procedures, policies and regulations;
- Ability to work within university information systems;
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software (particularly Microsoft Word and Excel) and email applications;
- Ability to maintain and build positive relationships with Mason faculty and staff, students, the general public and external audiences;
- Ability to handle situations wisely that involve conflict; and
- Professional demeanor. Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree, or a combination of education and experience;
- Significant experience with hiring and employment procedures;
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate complex personnel actions and to create/maintain a reliable record system;
- Experience using Banner and Microstrategy;
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database software.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants complete and submit the online job application at https://jobs.gmu.edu; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :