Senior Manager, Network Engineering
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
The Senior Manager of Service Architecture will be responsible for building and managing a team of architects to innovate, develop and provide technical leadership during the product development life cycle. The Senior Manager will provide the leadership and expertise necessary to align Intelsat business drivers and technical solutions to drive current and future revenue generating products and services. The successful candidate will be a champion for change, with the ability to identify how new technologies, approaches and services will impact the current environment, and provide guidance on how to overcome challenges uncovered during the PDL (Product Development Lifecycle) process.
- Provide leadership, coaching, management and guidance of direct reports
- Ensure that the architects provide SME (Subject Matter Expert) guidance and leadership during the product development lifecycle (PDL), to ensure ensure success in future products and services..
- Supports the technology strategies and roadmaps of Intelsat services.
- Provide the necessary leadership in the identification and adoption of new and emerging technologies that can be successfully integrated into existing infrastructure, processes and resource pool.
- Collaborates with Product Development and Sales Engineering to develop technical and business solutions, as well as service architecture for new andexisting products.
- Focus on the delivery and optimization of revenue generating network designs, testing, upgrades and deployment of core infrastructure, new products, and custom solutions for high profile customers from project initiation through operational handoff.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a similar discipline (or an equivalent combination of education and work experience) with at least ten years network experience
- Comprehensive knowledge in networking, data communications and systems engineering.
- Experience in supporting technical functions during the Product Development Lifecycle.
- Extensive knowledge and experience understanding industry best practices on network architecture and engineering and experience in robust network, product/service and system design and implementation strategies
- have experience of multi-service IP networks, data network strategies, multi-vendor equipment and network protocols
- Experience managing Cisco or Juniper routers and switches.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in designing, implementing and operating network architecture with an emphasis on Service Provider networks.
- Knowledge of IP-Based Satellite Platforms and Hubs to include: iDirect Technologies, Allot, Serial and Ethernet Sat Modem, DVB-S and DVB-S2 sytems.
- Knowledge and experience in the support and design of 3GPP-based environments, including Evolved Packet Cores (EPC) and/or IMS.
- Experience in interfacing with various levels of employees, mentoring staff, providing reports to management.
- Experience leading and managing complex internetworking solutions from design to implementation with specific attention to CapEx, OpEx and ROI.
- Knowledge and experience of preparing and managing external contracts and engagements.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in directing network professionals and inter-organizational relationships.
- Strong documentation, communication and analytical skills required.
- Must be able and willing to travel domestically and internationally..
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.