Client Development Coordinator
The Client Development Coordinator’s responsibilities fall into the following major areas of focus:
CLIENT ACCOUNT PLANNING
• Working with the Client Relationship Partner (CRP) to ensure that there is an appropriate strategy and specific objectives in place (including a client plan) for developing the client relationship, including identifying opportunities for new business and the provision of value-added services.
• Driving the implementation of the client plan and relationship development initiatives with the wider team, based on a sound understanding and analysis of the client's business, challenges, and opportunities.
• Monitoring and analyzing financial performance, client developments and needs, ensuring that important relationship development information is disseminated in a timely manner to the wider client team and other relevant parties.
CLIENT TEAM COORDINATION
• Working closely with the CRP to ensure that there is an effective client team structure and robust internal communication infrastructure in place to drive forward the client relationship.
• Planning and supporting client team meetings.
• Identifying and tracking opportunities and deliverables for each client team.
• Supporting the strategic placement of secondees at clients in line with our overall objectives, and maintaining contact with the secondees before, during, and after their term.
• Acting as a key point of contact for those involved in the client relationship on day-to-day queries.
PITCH AND OPPORTUNITY MANAGEMENT
• Consulting on both formal and informal pitch opportunities, including preparing teams for pitch presentations and ensuring that our pitch documents reflect our key messages for developing the client relationship.
• Supporting and project managing legal panel reviews.
EXTERNAL CLIENT RELATIONSHIP DEVELOPMENT
• Planning for relationship meetings with key client contacts, including preparing partners, ensuring that we focus on the client’s needs, and our key areas of strength. Attending a these meetings when and where appropriate.
• Managing the preparation of reports required by clients on, for example, financial information, training, diversity, and secondees, with the assistance of the client team.
WIDER BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
• Contributing to the wider business development effort, which will include participating in specific BD initiatives as required, such as project management of the firm’s client feedback program, supporting events and lawyer BD training programs, and efforts to share best practices for client development within the firm.
• All members of the firm are encouraged to participate in our Global Citizenship program;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum three (3)+ years of relevant experience in the coordination of client teams and/or related business development/lead generation initiatives with clients. Professional services background highly preferred.
• BS or BA degree in marketing, communications, business development, or related field preferred.
• Previous experience working with clients within some of our largest sectors of focus, including Life Sciences & Healthcare, Financial Services, or Technology, Media & Telecom is a plus.
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to work both with minimal supervision and in collaborative teams.
• Strategically and commercially-minded with the ability to translate emerging business issues and developments into opportunities to develop the client relationship.
• Strong diplomacy, listening, and influencing skills.
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
• Effective project management skills.
• Ability to build strong relationships with all levels of lawyers with the confidence to challenge and counsel them on client development best practices.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience in InterAction or other CRM programs highly desirable.
Core hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., including one hour for lunch, with flexibility to work overtime as needed.
This job description sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position and may be changed from time to time as shall be determined. Hogan Lovells is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by law.