Contract & Travel System Administrator
Smithsonian Enterprises is seeking an experienced Administrator to join the Travel & Contracts team in Washington DC. The Contract & Travel System Administrator is responsible for the SE Government Travel Program (Concur) and expense contract administration. This position performs a variety of duties concerned with supporting the effective performance of the divisions, with particular concentration on service to the staff. Put your experience to work for a world class institution, and help advance the Smithsonian Institution’s educational mission!
The Administrator will contribute in 2 key areas:
- Responsible for overall administration of Government Travel Program for SE travelers. Main contact for troubleshooting Government Travel Program system issues.
- Responsible for verifying that SE staff travel is being conducted according to applicable travel policy and procedures. Serves as the SE travel system expert to assist SE staff in resolving travel issues.
- Responsible for Government Travel Program reporting, including but not limited to: monthly travel status for SE Accounting; SE voucher fees for SI Travel Office; and travel audit research and response for SE Accounting.
- Responsible for setting up Government Travel Program user training for all new SE travelers.
- Monitor any Federal and/or Smithsonian Directives addressing the Government Travel Program administrative policies and procedures and assist in their communication to SE staff.
- Provide general contract administrative functions for SE
Work with the Director Internal Operations to:
- Administers the contract process and interfaces with SE staff to ensure all SE divisions manage contract analysis, creation, and execution according to approved policies and procedures and by the required due dates.
- Interface with SE divisions to ensure appropriate original documentation is conveyed to the business owners as new contracts or amendments are executed. Assigns SE contract numbers and maintains SE’s contract number log.
- Provide information to SE staff to assist SE divisions in complying with Smithsonian SD314 contracting policy.
- Monitor any Federal and/or Smithsonian Directives addressing procurement and contracting policy and procedures and assist in their communication to SE staff.
- Responsible for maintaining, updating, and issuing contract reports including but not limited to: SE executed contracts and contract status by SE division.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the contracts database and any required hardcopy files.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality in all matters
What you bring:
- Bachelor degree preferred. Three to five years of experience in travel administration with preference given to experience in Concur travel system or another similar travel software program. Three to five years of experience with contract administration under Federal or Commercial contract policies preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Exceptional communications and customer service skills and the ability to formulate insights and opinions around complex business problems.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative skills.
- Skilled in communicating both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent use of grammar, spelling, and punctuation skills.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Acrobat Pro application.
- Knowledge of Concur (Concur.AGov) on-line travel system approved for use by federal agencies (or an equivalent travel program) and the provisions of the General Services Administration (GSA) Federal Travel Regulation (FTR) both preferred.
- The position requires a highly-organized individual who works well both independently and collaboratively in order to achieve desired goals.
Salary: $50k -$65K, Commensurate with Experience
To apply, please email resume and cover letter, including current salary requirements/history, to email@example.com. (Please include job title in subject line)
Application materials received without salary information will not be considered.
Excellent Benefit programs including Health, Life, and Dental/Vision Insurance, Transit/Commuter Benefits, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Annual and Sick Leave, Family Friendly Leave, Tax Deferred Savings Plan with Employer Contribution, Smithsonian Discounts, Flexible Spending Account (Health & Dependent Care)
Final candidate selection will be subject to the applicant’s successful completion of a pre-employment background check and subsequent background investigation. Selectee will be required to serve a one year probationary period.
This is not a Federal Service position. Candidates must be U.S. employment eligible. No phone calls, please.