Manager, Field Relations
SUMMARY: Manages support of all AFA volunteer grassroots operations. Identifies and develops process improvements for current Field operations and new initiatives. Responsible for planning and coordinating key Field events and other volunteer meetings as assigned. Supervises one Field Coordinator and is responsible for overseeing all customer service and processes for AFA chapters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as lead for AFA’s support for more than 200 volunteer-led local and state chapters.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute logistics for key events including AFA’s National Convention, Awards Committee, Nominating Committee Meetings and Region and State Presidents Orientation.
- Supervise, develop, and train Field Coordinator to ensure that customer service standards are being met. Serve as back up when Field Coordinator is unavailable.
- Serve as staff liaison to AFA’s Field Council, Region Presidents, Nominating Committee and Awards Committee.
- Manage all aspects of AFA’s Field Awards programs to include budgeting, selection, ordering and calculations for Field awards.
- Manage AFA Field communications programs such as 1501 to Field, Newsline and general email communications to Field leaders.
- Manages AFA’s Community Partner Program to include developing program materials, managing processes and increasing Community Partner memberships.
- Manage current processes and increase efficiencies for AFA Field Operations.
- Maintain historical files and provide statistical reports as assigned by VP, MFR.
- Maintain the Field Operations Guidebook and develop new resources to better serve AFA Field units.
- Develop, update and monitor the Field sections of AFA’s website and AFA Field Resources sharepoint site.
- Develop and monitor the Field programs budgets under the supervision of the VP, MFR.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will perform other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent relationship-building skills and compelling written and oral communication skills
- Experience developing and monitoring program budgets
- Ability to be highly organized, multitask efficiently and pay strict attention to detail
- Proficient with MS Office, Sharepoint, and SalesForce
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 5-7 years of experience in program management in a nonprofit environment; supervisory experience preferred
- Experience working with volunteers, veterans or Air Force communities
- Must be willing to participate in evening conference calls and occasional weekend meetings
We offer a comprehensive health plan including dental, vision, and flexible spending accounts, as well as life insurance, a generous 401K program, paid vacation and sick leave, education assistance, and many other amenities and benefits. Our location is immediately adjacent to Washington, D.C., close to Metro, with free onsite parking.