Manager, Aerospace Education
SUMMARY: Serves as primary POC for Aerospace Education (AE) and manages AE programs. Manages AE sponsorships to include recruitment, building packages, and fulfilment. Serves as staff liaison to Aerospace Education Council (AEC).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as primary POC for all Aerospace Education (AE) inquiries from AFA Field leaders and other audiences.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Aerospace Education Council (AEC), participate in bi-weekly committee calls and prepare annual staff report to the AEC.
- Assist VP, MFR with sponsorship development and solicitation of AE sponsors. Develop content and update program materials for AFA’s website, promotional materials and sponsorship opportunities around AE programs.
- Manage all aspects of AFA’s Teacher of the Year and Educator Grants Program to include promotion, applications, fulfillment, inventory and budget development and monitoring.
- Manage AFA’s scholarship programs to include judging processes, marketing, reporting, developing and monitoring budgets and notifications.
- Assist with program administration for all Pitsenbargers, CAP, AFJROTC/ROTC and AAS/SW education and support programs. Serve as backup to the Manager of Awards.
- Develop and monitor all AE program budgets under the supervision of the VP, MFR.
- Provide preparation and on-site support at AFA’s National Convention and other Field functions.
- Serve as back up to the VP, MFR as staff liaison for the Aerospace Education Council, WAP Committee and other committees as assigned.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will perform other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent relationship-building skills and compelling written and oral communication skills
- Ability to be highly organized, multitask efficiently and pay strict attention to detail
- Proficient with MS Office, Sharepoint, and SalesForce
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 3-5 years of experience in program management in a nonprofit environment or an educational setting
- Experience working with volunteers, educators or Air Force communities
- Must be willing to participate in evening conference calls and occasional weekend meetings
We offer a comprehensive health plan including dental, vision, and flexible spending accounts, as well as life insurance, a generous 401K program, paid vacation and sick leave, education assistance, and many other amenities and benefits. Our location is immediately adjacent to Washington, D.C., close to Metro, with free onsite parking.
Apply for Manager, Aerospace Education
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly