INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST
Occasional travel - Travel may be required 1-5 Nights per month
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
A set of questions will be used to obtain additional information about specific experience and expertise within the fields of information technology.
When responding to the questions, please indicate if you have experience on one or more of the following specialties: Network Services, Operating Systems, Data Management, Policy and Planning, Customer Support, System Analysis, Applications Software and Internet.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
GS-15 LEVEL: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service. This experience must include Information Technology (IT) related experience that demonstrates each of the following four competencies: 1) Attention to Detail, 2) Customer Service, 3) Oral Communication and 4) Problem Solving. Specialized experience for this position includes: Experience that demonstrates accomplishment of computer project assignments that required a wide range of knowledge of computer requirements and techniques pertinent to the position to be filled. This knowledge is generally demonstrated through assignments that required the ability to analyze a number of alternative approaches in the process of advising management concerning major aspects of IT system design. This would include defining what system interrelationships must be considered, or what operating mode, system software, and/or equipment configuration is most appropriate for a given project. At this level, you must demonstrate knowledge of and skill in applying expert project management knowledge, and the ability to lead projects including methods, metrics, tools, and techniques of business process reengineering, contracting and/or procurement, and contract negotiation and administration; ability working with cost-benefit analysis methods, achievement strategies, tools of quality assurance and quality control; expert knowledge of the architecture and typology of software, hardware, and networks, including LANS, WANS, and telecommunications systems, and systems life cycle management. Your experience should also include skills in leadership and teambuilding, decision making, reasoning, and problem solving. Examples of qualifying experience would include those assignments which demonstrate planning and coordinating company-wide implementations of process improvement methods and concepts to improve the quality of software products; Serving as the principle advocate within the company for the application of process improvement concepts and practices; and Consulting with senior specialists and IT managers throughout the company in the implementation of process improvement practices.
- The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service . One year of experience refers to full-timework; part-timework is considered on a prorated
- To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
- Must meet IRS telework eligibility requirements
- Tour of Duty: M-F (8am – 4:30pm) M-F (4pm – 12:30 am); M-F (12am – 8:30am).
- Tour of Duty: Tue - Sat (8am – 4:30pm); Tue - Sat (4pm – 12:30 am); Tue - Sat (12am – 8:30am).
- Tour of Duty: Sun - Thu (8am – 4:30pm); Sun - Thu (4pm – 12:30 am); Sun - Thu (12am – 8:30am).
- A 1 year probationary period is required
- Must successfully complete a background investigation including an FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form.
- I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Undergo an income tax verification.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a "not qualified" determination.
This position will be filled through the Direct Hire Authority. Under this authority, competitive rating, ranking, and veterans' preference procedures do not apply. Your application will be considered based on education, training, and quality of your experience. For more information on Direct-Hire Authority visit: OPM Direct Hire Fact Sheet.
Referral: Applicants who meet the basic qualification requirements may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview (telephonic and/or in person at the discretion of the Selecting Official in accordance with hiring polices). We will not reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.
This vacancy announcement will be used as a register to fill vacancies via Direct Hire. Contingent upon funding and space requirements, one or more vacancies may be filled in the individuals locations listed below as they become available in that location.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No