Assistant Property Manager
The position will provide first-class property management services and assist the Property Manager in overseeing a portfolio of properties or a major property. Day to day responsibilities include customer service and enhancing tenant relations.
• Administrative duties
• Provide daily assistance and support to Property Manager in management of portfolio
• Management and Tenant relations experience
• Proficient in accounting and budgeting tools
• Property scheduling and communication with tenants and vendors
• Bachelor’s Degree or 3-5 years’ experience in commercial property industry
• Excellent customer service skills
• Basic accounting skills and knowledge
• Good organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Assist the Property Manager in supervising on-site staff.
• Work with the Property Manager to resolve property management issues.
• Work closely with and supervise Vendors to ensure compliance with service contracts.
• Recommend and/or authorize vendor contracts as appropriate
• Assist the Property Manager with the preparation of operating and capital budgets as well as operating expense reconciliations.
• Assemble, review and assist the Property Manager in the implementation of the approved operating and capital budgets.
• Assist the Property Manager as appropriate in coordinating insurance procurement, electricity procurement and real estate tax review processes for properties.
• Conduct routine property inspections to prevent/identify problems and exposures.
• Ensure adherence to owners’ policies and procedures, as well as compliance with codes, regulations and governmental agency directives.
• Assure optimal functioning of building life safety and security systems.
• Follow established AR/AP guidelines including contacting tenants to follow-up on payment status and assisting property manager in lock-outs as necessary.
• Reviewing and ensuring accuracy of accounts payables.
• Answer telephone as required.
Receive work order requests and coordinate with the building technician or vendor as appropriate.
• Schedule building activity including move-ins/move-outs, and verify insurance.
• Collaborates with Property Manager to maintain personal contact with owners.
• Assist Property Manager in the preparation of monthly reports according to owner's needs.
• Ensure compliance with management agreements.
• Work with the Property Manager to facilitate property management, accounting, marketing and construction needs.
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.Meet Your Recruiter Allan Jackson