General Administrative Supervisor I/Coordinator I
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
The George Mason University Research Development, Integrity and Assurance (RDIA) office invites applications for an Office Manager. The RDIA mission is to nurture and promote state-of-the-art research, scholarship and creative work at Mason, providing resources that: promote the ethical and responsible conduct of research; and, assist the Mason faculty-postdoc-student community with the identification of external funding opportunities and the development of high quality proposals, sponsored projects and translational activities. The office staff provide services that: introduce Mason PIs to new and existing funding opportunities; facilitate the formation of effective multidisciplinary teams both within Mason and with other external partner organizations; result in the creation of higher quality, collaborative proposals; ensure productive relationships with colleagues in other Mason units including the Offices of Technology Transfer (OTT), Sponsored Programs (OSP) and Corporate and Foundation Relations; ensure the Mason community is knowledgeable about and complies with federal and other relevant regulations that pertain to the ethical and responsible conduct of research; identify compliance risks and communicate those risks to the Mason community; and finally, monitor and investigate instances of noncompliance, demonstrating the Universityâ€™s commitment to practice to the highest ethical standards in research and scholarship.
The RDIA Office Manager serves as a critical contributor to the overall success of RDIA, a vital unit in ensuring the university meets strategic goals related to research. The primary purpose of the position is to handle all business processes professionally and ensure that the activities of the department are well organized and communicated effectively to the campus community. The office manager serves as the interface with the Provostâ€™s office, other units within the Office of Research, Deans, Department chairs and faculty and therefore must excel in organization and communication. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: This position reports directly to the Associate Vice President for Research Development, Integrity and Assurance and provides support and advice to the office of approximately 12 professional staff. Specifically, the Office Manager:
- Provides scheduling and meeting support for the Associate VP and others in RDIA as needed, especially for large, complex and important meetings;
- Oversees daily operation of RDIA office to ensure staff have all the resources needed to function efficiently;
- Serves as Budget Manager for all RDIA accounts;
- Serves as HR liaison for RDIA;
- Oversees purchases for RDIA, including time-critical complex purchases in support of research programs;
- Manages office travel;
- Reconciles purchases and maintains proper financial records;
- Performs training compliance reviews of research protocols;
- Provides meeting support including preparing agendas and minutes for the Conflict of Interest Committee, Faculty Advisory Board for Research Policies, Advisory Board for Export Compliance, Steering Committee for Responsible Conduct of Research, and other boards and committees as needed;
- Manages records retention and storage requirements for RDIA staff and RDIA supported committees; and
- Provides direction to student worker(s) and intern(s) as needed.
- Knowledge of computer applications including: word processing, spreadsheet, databases, calendar/scheduling and applications relevant to the internet;
- Knowledge of the university grants process;
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills;
- Ability to make rapid, independent decisions regarding high priority requests and triage of noncompliance reports;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Ability to work as part of a cooperative team to solve compliance as well as interoffice issues;
- Ability to communicate with staff and faculty with all levels of education;
- Ability to work well with co-workers;
- US Person as defined by Export Compliance Regulations so that this individual can support maintenance of documents for this program; and
- Specific training on university policies or policies from similar institutions and procedures to include purchasing, budget, corporate calendar, etc.
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree;
- Knowledge of Banner and eVA;
- Knowledge of research compliance related requirements and terminology;
- Demonstrated experience in a comparable administrative/compliance role; and
- Experience at an institution of higher education.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :