Administrative and Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Mid 30s - Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Payroll & HR Coordinator, CVPA
The George Mason University, College of Visual and Performing Arts (CVPA) Finance and Administration Department invites highly organized and customer service oriented candidates to apply for the position of Payroll & HR Coordinator. This position will coordinate the hiring and payroll for all CVPA part-time employees. The successful candidate will ensure timely payment to all part-time employees, create and track personnel contracts, and manage the on-boarding process for all adjunct, wage, and student-wage employees. This is a 32-hour per week benefited position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Create and process adjunct and applied faculty contracts, term renewal contracts, and other personnel contracts as directed;
- Send Mason Onboard information to all wage staff and adjunct/applied faculty and work with new employees to process their employment paperwork;
- Enter, track & reconcile all Electronic Pay Actions using INB Banner, ensuring timely payment to all part-time faculty and staff in all of the CVPA academic units, performing arts centers, and academies;
- Enter all payroll hours each pay period for employees requiring departmental entry, including Mason Arts Productions, American Festival Pops Orchestra members, and other projects as necessary; and
- Other duties as assigned. Required Qualifications:
- Superior customer service skills;
- Excellent organizational & time management skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with deadlines;
- Ability to work with and serve a diverse community;
- Proficient in Excel & Word, excellent computer skills, strong mathematical abilities;
- Demonstrated office experience and ability to handle sensitive information; and
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience; Preferred Qualifications:
- Prior experience working with payroll.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-09-14