Human Resources Specialist II (Classification and Compensation)
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Job TitleHuman Resources Specialist II (Classification and Compensation)
Job Description SummaryJob Title : Human Resources Specialist II (Classification and Compensation)
Position #: S03887
Montgomery College, Department of Human Resources and Strategic Talent Management has an immediate need for a full-time Human Resources Specialist II. The work schedule is Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm. The position is exempt and non-bargaining.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., Montgomery College is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job Description
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Serve as one of two senior analyst in the classification and compensation unit. Conduct job analyses, job evaluations, and compensation analyses; market price and slot jobs in pay structure.
- Review internal equity of job placements in structure and salary analysis/market pricing.
- Contribute to completing compensation surveys and benchmarking in collaboration with team members.
- Maintain and update salary structure as necessary.
- Work with Talent Acquisition and Employee Relations regarding pay determination and preparation of necessary documentation for new hires, transfers, promotions, and demotions.
- Analyze, review, and process salary adjustments for temporary assignments, degree attainment, and other pay actions. Determine eligibility and amount of increase.
- Classify new and reclassify existing positions. May conduct desk audits.
- Write new and revise existing job class specifications.
- Conduct research, analyze and assess the design components of positions and job family groups, using both quantitative and qualitative data collection (i.e., interviewing people, focus groups, etc.) methodology.
- Identify and verify common and core competencies for different levels of job family groups
- Develop tiered competency standards and competency maps for effective performance for jobs at different levels within job family groups.
- Contribute to the development of a comprehensive training and development curriculum for jobs at different levels within job family groups.
- Contribute to the design and development of a comprehensive performance evaluation system.
- Apply appropriate College policy & procedure and local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences, Psychology, Business Administration, Labor Relations, Human Resources Management, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Four (4) years of progressively responsible experience that exposes the employee to the principles and practices of Human Resources Classification and Compensation, preferably an educational institution.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of Classification and Compensation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal, state and local legislation and regulations applicable to human resources, particularly in the area of compensation and pay equity.
- Working knowledge of statistical concepts and processes employed in human resources and compensation.
- Skill in conducting job analysis, job evaluation, and position classification studies and developing recommendations.
- Ability to perform mathematical and statistical calculations.
- Must be detailed orientated.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using wide array of technology applications (e.g., HRIS systems, full MSO Suite, etc.)
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills including developing and maintaining effective working relationships with employee's at all organizational levels.
- Eligible applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Master's degree
- Professional certification such as Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), Professional in Human Resources (PHR), and/or Society for Human Resources Management Certified Professional (SHRM-CP).
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
- For consideration, you must:
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.Closing DateOpen Until Filled
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: email@example.com
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.