Senior Provisioning Coordinator
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
As a member of the Services Provisioning Engineering team, the Provisioning Coordinator, will play a critical role in the timeliness and quality of customer service deliveries. The Provisioning Coordinator will work with Intelsat's global Customer Solutions Engineering organization to ensure new customer service requests are complete and accurate, that service requests are coordinated and flow within the Service Provisioning team in an efficient manner, and once a service is deemed complete and ready for transition into Network Operations, ensure a complete handoff package is provided to Network Operations. As a Provisioning Coordinator you will represent the Service Provisioning team in Service Delivery meetings, work across the organization on quality and optimization initiatives, and work with supporting teams to ensure equipment, licenses and network resources are in place to support customer service delivery. The Provisioning Coordinator will also support metrics collection and reporting activities associated with the service delivery process.
• Collaborate with the Customer Solutions Engineering team to ensure service request are within Provisioning lead times
• Lead collaboration between Engineering support teams and Network Operations teams to establish and support service hand-offs
• Review and validate service requirements and associated documents for accuracy as well as validating the correct service solution has been received, proper hardware, and capacity are feasible to support new service activation
• Assist Provisioning Engineers on provisioning related projects, service requests, and provisioning activities
• Monitor the status of all open projects and service requests
• Collaborate and work with the Network Engineering Planning team to ensure inventory for implementation of service offerings are available for consumption
• Support continuous improvements within Services Provisioning by updating processes, procedures, and guidelines for Service Delivery and Service Support
• Validate and ensure completeness of documentation handoff to Network Operations
• Support daily administrative duties to include, e-mail organizing, document integrity validating, and verifying completeness of service request
• Track services through the status reports, service metric reports, and data repositories
• Attend and participate in team meetings pertaining to service requirements collecting
• Create, maintain, and ensure Service Records are reflecting Service Layout Record
• Prepare status reports and maintain accurate and current logs in the tools used to track services passing through the group
• Participate in technical and non-technical meetings related to new process development or process improvement for the Service Provisioning team
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have strong analytical skills, including the ability to develop and manipulate moderately complex spreadsheets and efficiently utilize internal software applications such as SharePoint
- Good working knowledge and ability to maneuver around in multiple database repositories such as Netcracker and Remedy
- Some experience in translating service requirements into a logical service design based on standard design packages is desirable.
- Strong organizational skills required, as this position often simultaneous work on multiple projects and tasks.
- Experience with Netcracker, Remedy, Microsoft Office, and/or Visio preferred.
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.