The Emmes Corporation, established in 1977, is a privately-owned Contract Research Organization (CRO). Headquartered in Rockville, Maryland, Emmes employs over six hundred staff worldwide with offices located in Frederick, Maryland, Vancouver, Canada, and Bangalore, India. Ranked as a top area workplace of choice by the Washington Post, Emmes fosters an environment of collaboration, professional growth, and exceptional work life balance.
Our studies impact public health initiatives on a global scale occurring in more than sixty countries spanning across six continents. We are dedicated to providing statistical and epidemiological expertise, computer systems deployment, data management, study monitoring, regulatory guidance, and overall operational support to clients engaged in biomedical research. Emmes offers support for the entire process of clinical trials from study design and protocol development through data analysis and manuscript generation.
The Billing Specialist provides support to the Finance & Accounting Department as detailed in the list of responsibilities below. The Billing Specialist must be able to work effectively with individuals both within the Finance & Accounting Department as well as staff outside the department and clients. He/she will apply an understanding of Emmes policy, approved processes and Government regulations to his/her work. The Billing Specialist will provide billing design, execution and reporting that supports client invoicing.
- Plan, organize, direct and track all activities necessary to perform the billing function resulting in accurate and timely bills
- Provide subject matter expertise for the Emmes Billing Systems to ensure the system generates invoices and supporting schedules that meet client specifications; identify potential problems or areas for improvement and suggest solutions
- Initiate, track, and resolve all billing incidents and problems
- Review invoices and supporting schedules for billing errors
- Work with Program Managers and Research Unit Leaders to resolve any client invoice errors or discrepancies
- Ensure client invoices meet contractual specifications and the agreed upon pricing and payment terms
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2 plus years of accounting experience required; in lieu of degree, we will consider equivalent accounting experience
- Experience working in a Federal Government Contracting environment is required
- Strong organization, time management, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint software preferred
- Proficient with MS Office applications
- Detail oriented
CONNECT WITH US!!
Follow us on Twitter - @EMMESCorp
Find us on LinkedIn - The EMMES Corporation
The Emmes Corporation is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.