SUPERVISORY FINANCIAL ANALYST (DEPUTY DIRECTOR, OFFICE OF INVESTMENT SECURITY)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience: For the GS-15, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized Experience for the GS-15 includes:
- Experience planning and conducting financial research and analysis used by senior officials/executives to help develop policies or strategies regarding international investment; AND
- Experience developing recommendations for senior officials/executives regarding the various legal, financial, national security or policy implications of particular financial transactions; AND
- Experience developing policy/strategy legal recommendations for senior officials/executives regarding corporate merger and acquisition or other corporate transactional and governance documents.
Specialized experience: For the GS-14, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized Experience for the GS-14 includes:
- Experience assisting with development of policy or strategy recommendations to senior officials/executives regarding international investment proposals; AND
- Experience with analyzing national security implications of investment activity or financial transactions of international businesses or multinational enterprises; AND
- Experience with corporate merger and acquisitions or other corporate transactional and governance documents.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- A recruitment incentive may be offered.
- Student loan repayment may be offered.
- We may offer opportunities for telework.
- We may offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- A one year supervisory or managerial probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel, if necessary.
- File a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment and annually from then on, if necessary.
- Undergo an income tax verification, if necessary.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Specialized experience.
This announcement is issued under "direct-hire" authority. Consistent with 5 U.S.C 3304(a)(3) and OPM regulations (5 CFR 337 Subpart B) on direct-hire: All candidates who meet all the qualification and other eligibility requirements may be referred for consideration. Competitive examining rules providing for rating and ranking and veterans' preference do not apply.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must be assigned the middle category or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI Drug test required No