Licensed Practical Nurse
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Physical Demands: Work requires considerable standing, walking, transferring, bending and lifting in helping residents in and out of bed, changing their positions. Utilization of appropriate body mechanics is mandatory. The incumbent is subject to exposure to communicable diseases. Required to lift up to 50 pounds.
Specialized experience: For the GS-7, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-6 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
Nursing care work in a hospital, outpatient clinic, nursing home, or other supervised medical, nursing, or care facility that provided a practical knowledge of human body structure, and sterile techniques and procedures
SPECIAL NOTE: Long-term care experience and/or interacting with geriatric patients is highly desired.
LPN- Candidates must be currently licensed to practice as practical or vocational nurses in a State or territory of the United States or the District of Columbia or must have applied for a license to practice. Applications of candidates possessing a license must be accompanied by 1) a certified or photostatic copy of the license, 2) a notarized statement attesting to the fact, or 3) a citation of the license number and State issuing it. Non-licensed candidates who have completed their training may be appointed subject to obtaining the required license during the probationary period. Those not licensed must furnish 1) the date on which they applied for a license and 2) the jurisdiction involved. No person appointed pending licensure may be retained beyond the probationary period if licensure has not been attained.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- Veterans Preference does not apply to the Direct Hire Authority.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Submit to a drug test prior to your appointment and random drug testing while you occupy the position.
- Pass a pre-employment physical examination. An OF-178, Certificate of Medical Examination will be required if selected for this position. DO NOT SUBMIT AT TIME OF APPLICATION.
- Selectees will be subject to the AFRH Tuberculosis Surveillance Program.
- Shift Work: This facility operates on a 24 hour per day, three-shift basis. Assignment to a specific shift cannot be guaranteed. The successful applicant must be available to work on all three shifts on a rotational basis.
- Because the AFRH’s mission requires uninterrupted, direct human support and medical care for its Residents, this position is considered essential for continuing AFRH operations. Therefore, the incumbent is expected to arrive for duty on time, as scheduled, and to complete the assigned tour during emergency situations such as hazardous weather.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your résumé includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your résumé may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Technical and Communication.
This announcement is issued under "direct-hire" authority. Consistent with 5 U.S.C 3304 and OPM regulations (5 CFR 337 Subpart B) on direct-hire: All candidates who meet all the qualification and other eligibility requirements may be referred for consideration. Competitive examining rules providing for rating and ranking and veterans' preference do not apply.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must receive a score of 92 or better to be rated as well qualified to receive special selection priority.
This position is being filled through the (Medical Occupations Direct Hire Authority) Direct Hire Authority (DHA). Applications identified outside this JOA through supplementary recruitment efforts may be considered before the selection(s) is/are made.
To preview questions please click here.