Collegiate Faculty, Business Administration
Collegiate Faculty, Business Administration
The Undergraduate School
12-Month Faculty, Regular, Full-Time
Location: Largo, MD preferred
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a full-time Collegiate faculty member to develop new content for courses, create artifacts, and teach in the Business Administration Program. Specifically, we are looking for a faculty member with expertise and experience in the areas of business administration and experience teaching in two of the four areas: intro to business management, strategic management, management and organization theory, organizational leadership, and/or business ethics
UMUC—one of 12 degree-granting institutions in the University System of Maryland (USM)—is a mission-driven institution with seven core values that guide us in all we do. At the top of the list is "Students First,” and we strive to do just that for our 90,000 students at home and abroad. From its start in 1947, UMUC has demonstrated its commitment to adult learners. We recognize that adult students need flexibility and options. UMUC is proud to be a global, 24-hour, institution of higher learning.
The typical UMUC student is an adult learner juggling a career, family, and other priorities. Roughly 80% work full time, half are parents, and half are minority students. They are continuing their education to better themselves, their families, and their professional opportunities. UMUC is also a leading higher education provider to the U.S. military, enrolling 55,000 active-duty service members, reservists, National Guard members, veterans, and family members annually. We are proud of our military heritage and are committed to this service.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Develop new content for courses, create other artifacts (e.g., videos, interactive presentations), curricula and program development and course revision, active professional involvement to advance the state of the art and practice, and other special services, as assigned by the Program Chair, Vice Dean or Dean including, but not limited to, some or all of the following: service on various University or departmental councils, committees, and advisory boards; faculty development and mentoring; and participation in University events such as commencement activities.
- The collegiate faculty member is responsible for teaching 30 credits annually in the Business Administration Program. (Releases from teaching may be granted for up to 18 credit hours per year for the incumbent to carry out the above duties.)
- The faculty member will also participate in other academic aspects of the University and contribute to the unit's activities focused on the education of adult students and continuous improvement of curriculum and teaching.
- Collegiate faculty may have their duties adjusted to serve the needs of the University.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a terminal degree in Business Administration or related discipline from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Experience creating curriculum, case studies, and quizzes.
- Minimum of three (3) years teaching experience in related field.
- Expertise teaching in at least two of the following areas: intro to business management, strategic management, management and organization theory, organizational leadership, and/or business ethics. PLEASE include courses taught in CV.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Minimum technology requirements to teach at UMUC can be found and reviewed at http://www.umuc.edu/visitors/careers/facultyrecruit/ under Faculty Resources
- Experience teaching adult learners in an online environment.
The Faculty Role at UMUC
UMUC is committed to helping students achieve success not only with us, but also in their professional fields. As a result, we actively seek faculty members who are scholar-practitioners: professionals who are actively and successfully engaged in their field who additionally wish to help the next generation of professionals grow in their knowledge and expertise through education. Your role as faculty member will be to:
- Actively engage students through frequent interaction that motivates them to succeed, and conveys a genuine energy and enthusiasm for their learning.
- Guide students in active collaboration and the application of their learning in problem- and project-based learning demonstrations.
- Provide rich and regular constructive feedback, utilizing rubrics effectively for the assessment of student work, and acknowledging student accomplishments.
- Demonstrate relevant and current subject-matter expertise, and help students connect concepts across their academic program.
- Provide feedback to your program chair on possible curricular improvements.
The Business Administration program at UMUC
To learn more about this program, including its description, outcomes, and coursework, please visit:
Faculty Training at UMUC
We are committed to your professional success at UMUC. Each new faculty member is required to successfully complete our online two-week new faculty orientation, FacDev 411, as a condition of hire.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.