The American Nurses Association (ANA) is the premier organization representing the interests of the nation's 4 million registered nurses. ANA advances the nursing profession by fostering high standards of nursing practice, promoting a safe and ethical work environment, bolstering the health and wellness of nurses, and advocating on health care issues that affect nurses and the public. ANA is at the forefront of improving the quality of health care for all.
The Product Manager is responsible for the overall development, execution, and quality improvement of ANA non-dues products and services, serving the ANA Enterprise, ANCC and ANA strategic plans. Responsibilities include managing product teams to drive business case analysis, product roadmap, product launch, and customer service for the sales and delivery of varied professional education products and service lines. In collaboration with the business development team, evaluates market opportunities and trends impacting sales and delivery of products and services. Establishes business strategy, revenue projections, goals, and expenses; identifies growth opportunities, target audience(s), marketing support requirements, and customer service needs that drive profitable growth in the product lines and services. Collaborates with the product development and marketing teams to bring to the external market the best-in-class products and services.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PRODUCT MANAGER
• Executes and manages the delivery and growth of existing revenue from varied product and service lines of business. Products and services include in-person and digital products including workshops, publications, toolkits, online learning, blended learning, webinars, and others that support the business objectives for ANA Enterprise subsidiaries. Develops business plans, market analyses, and revenue projections for all assigned product offerings.
• Evaluates existing and new products and services and associated operations to ensure quality and relevancy to customers. Develops data driven metrics based on analyses of product line performance to pinpoint new product features and potential efficiency opportunities. Executes tactics to achieve product line objectives and revenue goals. Advises management on material changes in product, price, promotion, and distribution tactics and provide recommendations to leverage product opportunities. Provides oversight for the design, development and implementation of new applications that will propel the ANA Enterprise into a new market space. Ensures new product categories successfully integrates into system functionalities such as competencies, adaptive learning, data analytics and customized publishing on demand applications. Accountable to achieve performance targets for the new product lines. Manages relationships with existing and new external partners. Coordinates the development and execution of licensing agreements, revenue share models, NDAs, contracts, etc.
• Supervises and provides direction to product support personnel to bring customer oriented products to market or maintain existing services. Compiles product concepts based on the gap analysis, financial impacts, and the organization’s ability to meet functional requirements and advance organizational innovation. Fosters a proactive orientation for the timely delivery of product enhancements and innovations driving growth throughout responsible product lines.
• Collaborates with marketing team on the coordination of marketing activities and external vendors to market products and services supporting the product lines. Drives the product lines in a results oriented manner that meets changing customer needs.
• Develops annual budget and reporting for product lines based on ANA Enterprise, ANCC and ANA strategic goals. Constructs required budget information to support new product and service development and execution, including sales strategies and product alignment. Collaborates with Directors of the various programs in the development of annual budget proposals for education products and services and any sponsorship needs. Monitors budgets regularly and participates in reforecasts as needed.
• Represents the product lines as a spokesperson for services at trade shows, conferences, and professional organization meetings as delegated by the leadership team. When required, delivers product performance and product portfolio presentations at internal meetings, local, state, regional, national and international meetings. Responds to written and verbal inquiries from internal and external customers. Plans and facilitates meetings and teleconferences with staff, vendors, and industry partners and ensure accurate meeting records. Prepares and distributes informational reports for leadership and staff.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
MBA or Master’s degree in Product Development or Administration, Business Management or Administration.
Minimum 5 years’ experience managing the development and provision of revenue generating services from customers and products in the education or professional development field.
Managerial and budget experience that required independent decision-making in a business unit, product team, or association management environment. Experience with developing business case analysis, budgets, product financial analysis, program development and quality management.
• Able to effectively provide management and support to designated team and colleagues.
• Displays competence in constructing and writing analytical and informational material.
• Proficient computer skills to support product tactics and a strong willingness to learn new technologies as needed. Familiarity with technological software and hardware platforms that support management and education delivery.
• Ability to solve problems and exercise objective judgment that addresses business opportunities while maintaining exceptional customer service.
• Ability to maintain flexibility to deal with changing priorities and workload demands.
• Proficient in written and public speaking.
• Must be a team player, able to take initiative, and to work in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to interact professionally and appropriately when dealing with all levels of ANA enterprise members, customers, and staff as well as other organizations (associations, commercial and nonprofit business partners, universities, distributors, etc.); distinguished Subject Matter Experts, academicians, and other key members of the profession.
ANA’s state of the art office is located in the heart of beautiful downtown Silver Spring, Maryland, just blocks from the Metro and a wide range of restaurants and shops. ANA offers competitive salaries, a flexible work schedule and great benefits that include the following and many more:
• Attractive benefit plan for Health, Dental, Vision, RX
• 15 days accrued PTO, 3 personal days and Christmas week off (paid)
• 9 paid holidays, birthday holiday, and 12 sick days
• Excellent matching 401K plan
• Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
• Flexible Spending Accounts
Interested applicants, please send resume to Colleen DeBoy @ email@example.com