Program Coordinator, Law Enforcement Training
SUMMARY: Provides administrative and clerical support to the Law Enforcement Training Department. Knowledge of and support for the mission of the National Rifle Association.
1. Responsible for control of registration for all Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor Development Schools assigned.
2. Ensure all fees for all Law Enforcement Firearms Schools and any other tasks that involve fees or monies are received or accounted for in advance of the school in an accurate and timely manner.
3. Verify he packing and shipping of all support materials required by instructors to conduct Law Enforcement Firearms Schools or events is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
4. Provide accurate and timely administrative support to the department to include correspondence, expense reports, quarterly and annual reports, copying and filing.
5. Monitor budgetary spending and accounting in an accurate and timely manner.
6. Answer telephone inquiries in a courteous, accurate and prompt manner.
7. Handle requests for materials and timely disseminate information regarding NRA Law Enforcement Programs in an accurate manner.
8. Coordinate travel authorizations and expense reports for departmental staff and adjunct instructors in an accurate and timely manner.
9. Maintain accurate records of all Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor Development Schools and students that are assigned to them on an annual basis.
10. Responsible for maintaining and updating Law Enforcement tracking system lists in an accurate and timely manner.
SCOPE: High visibility with NRA Divisions, SureShip personnel, NRA members, law enforcement officers and personnel and the general public. Position functions in a fast paced work environment with minimal supervision. Limited travel and overtime required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High School diploma required. Minimum of two years clerical/business experience required. Bookkeeping experience desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES: Minimum accurate typing of 55 WPM required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required. Excellent oral and written communication, grammar and spelling skills essential. Pleasant telephone manner required. Proven ability to prioritize multiple tasks and accomplish stated goals essential. Detail orientation required, as well as proven ability to perform as a team player. Demonstrated ability to file and maintain records accurately required.
To apply, kindly forward resume with cover letter stating salary expectations to email@example.com The NRA is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (minority/women/disabled) providing an excellent benefits package. Please visit our website at nra.org to learn more about us and our activities in support of the law enforcement community.