Temporary Administrative Associate, School of Business
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Temporary Administrative Assistant, School of Business
The George Mason University School of Business is seeking an energetic, organized and detail-oriented Administrative Associate to support faculty in the School. This temporary position will be expected to work 40 hours a week. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Administrative Associate has responsibilities in the following areas:
- Providing document preparation and editing assistance for exams, reports, correspondence, syllabi, and other instructional material;
- Processing all copy and print service requests;
- Ordering text books for faculty each term;
- Processing supply and other orders through eVA;
- Assisting in the recruiting of graduate assistants using PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system;
- Administering all aspects of faculty recruitment using PeopleAdmin;
- Coordinating office/work station set up and orientation for new faculty members and graduate assistants;
- Assisting faculty members with operational (not technical) aspects of systems, including e-mail, Patriot Web, WebCT, Sedona, and other job-related systems;
- Arranging logistics of all area events and candidate visits;
- Preparing travel authorizations and reimbursements for all area faculty/faculty candidates as required and makes associated arrangements;
- Ensuring that all mail, packages, and faxes are delivered to recipients within same day of receiving in the School of Business;
- Coordinating monthly area faculty meetings and disseminates information through area;
- Maintaining area files for faculty members and ensures proper records retention and disposal;
- Assisting the Deanâ€™s Office with the onboarding of adjunct faculty;
- Execute special projects and initiatives as assigned that support the strategic mission of the school;
- Assisting students and external parties in making the proper connections with faculty; and
- Working with appropriate Deanâ€™s Office staff on financial; personnel; and other administrative matters such as travel, orders through the Commonwealth of Virginiaâ€™s procurement system (eVA) system, Sedona, recruitment, IT support, check requests, mileage reimbursements, and food and beverage requests. Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of all applications in Microsoft Office, database expertise, and e-mail and network applications;
- Ability to effectively communicate and manage workflow with multiple stakeholders to achieve results, as well as independently; and
- Professional demeanor, appearance, good citizenship and the ability to work well with colleagues. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working in a higher education environment;
- Experience with eVA;
- Experience purchasing goods and services for an organization;
- Experience processing travel authorizations and reimbursements for an organization;
- Excellent communication, analytical, strategic thinking and organizational skills; and
- Proactive problem-solving skills, attention to detail, ability to motivate, and ability to learn new tasks quickly.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the temporary position is filled.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :