Executive Director for ADVANCE: NOVA Mason
Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Executive Director for ADVANCE: NOVA Mason
The Executive Director is responsible for leading and managing ADVANCE, an innnovative initiative that will support more students starting at Northern Virginia Community College and graduating from George Mason University. As an executive level position, the incumbent is expected to identify, design, implement, coordinate and manage all aspects of the ADVANCE program, working in conjunction with campus stakeholders from both NOVA and Mason and key partners that may include education technology companies, regional employers and public school systems to promote and ensure operational success. With collaboration from relevant stakeholders, this position will manage a new team to support the responsibilities below. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Vice President for Academic Innovation and New Ventures at Mason and the Executive Vice President of NOVA and in partnership with stakeholders at both institutions including University Life, Student and Academic Services, Enrollment Management, Information Technology Services, Academic Units at Mason and NOVA, the Executive Director will:
- Manage the coordination and operations of all aspects of ADVANCE including cross-institutional planning, organizing, leading, and controlling of program activities;
- In concert with executive leadership, develop and implement short-term/long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program;
- Develop a program assessment and evaluation framework to identify the strengths of the program and areas of improvement;
- Work cooperatively across George Mason University and Northern Virginia Community College with varying executives, faculty and staff at all levels;
- Provide strategic planning and visioning for the program and provide leadership to governance structure;
- Keep current of political and policy developments at the Federal, State and Local levels and shepherd policy and practice decisions between Mason and NOVA;
- Be responsible for budget development and planning and fundraising efforts;
- Active management of the relationships between various stakeholders in the program at both institutions;
- Provide strong leadership and communication skills for team management across multiple institutions and reporting lines;
- Be responsible for the development and supervision of positions as the program grows, management and mentorship, of a team of employees that will support the initiatives and responsibilities of the Advance program;
- Provide oversight to the promotion, recruitment, and retention planning and efforts;
- Define, implement, apply and continuously improve a program management approach appropriate for the Advance program that takes into account its vision, culture and operational demands of two institutions as well as best practices in program management;
- Ensure that initiative, program and project business plans are sound; funding opportunities are identified; statements of work are current, accurate and followed; and timelines are defined and deadlines are met; key performance indicators (KPIs) are identified and used;
- Maintain consistent and accurate status information, data, documentation and an audit trail for the program, project and initiative. Establish, implement and use a standard communication protocol for keeping key leadership and stakeholders informed of progress.
- Masters degree required;
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in either project, program, account or product management experience in a higher education and/or business environment;
- Five (5) years or more of experience in higher ed;
- Evidence of ability to synthesize multiple ideas and program strategies into a comprehensive, executable plan;
- Proven experience with initiating, planning and directing implementation of complex projects/programs;
- Outstanding track record managing day-to-day operational details of a complex program;
- Demonstrated experience managing change in complex higher education environment with a detail orientation for both policy and operational management;
- Excellent skills in budget development and management, organizing resources and establishing priorities;
- Strong ability to work with a diverse population of faculty, staff and key stakeholders. Must be able to build relationships and effectively communicate at all levels;
- Proven ability and desire to collaborate with teams (in person and virtually) across organizations;
- Highly motivated and energetic team player;
- Passion to innovate, competent in analysis, reasoning, and problem solving, while meeting the challenges and opportunities of higher education;
- Ability to assess, identify and measure key performance indicators;
- Familiarity with shared data systems and basic data integration concepts;
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix and cross-functional organization;
- Outstanding presentation skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive background in the areas of staff development, student/customer relations, and change management;
- Experience managing multiple successful strategic external partnerships;
- Academic and Student Affairs experience preferred;
- Work experience that involves educational technology innovation preferred.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :