Office Services Assistant
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Procurement responsibilities
- Orders and coordinates delivery of equipment, furniture and supplies in compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Maintains ample stock of regularly used office supplies and replenishes kitchen and supply cabinets on a daily basis.
- Negotiates for purchase, rental, cleaning of office furniture and equipment.
- Negotiates for purchase and/or lease of office hardware – Copiers, postage machines, presentation equipment, AV, etc.
- Mail and copy room tasks
- Keeps copy center organized and working efficiently.
- Provides training for equipment use.
- Facility management responsibilities
- Monitor all conference rooms, open areas, working areas and equipment to ensure they are within association standards for cleanliness, proper maintenance and safety.
- Responsible for appearance of conference rooms and open area.
- Maintain hardware- Copiers, presentation equipment, polycoms, AV, etc.
- Manage programming of internal telephone system; maintains current status of employee names and extensions; contacts system help-line when repairs or assistance is needed.
- Participate in building security as contact for building security systems.
- Contact and direct necessary vendors regarding building maintenance problems and monthly and special maintenance visits.
- Ensure daily cleaning visits.
- Researches and follows up on all office related problems.
- Manages records at outside storage facility.
- Assist CLA administrative assistants as needed.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- Must have good organization and interpersonal skills, ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of office equipment including mailroom services, postal regulations, copyright laws, etc.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with outside vendors.
- Project management experience is a must.
Education, Work Experience and/or Licensure
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 3+ years office/facilities management experience.
- Must have strong command of the English language.
Physical Demands The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his/her job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, stand, travel up and down stairs, crouch, stoop and reach.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
The work environment characteristics listed here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position requires considerable concentration and creativity. It is subject to stress caused by a changing environment, tight deadlines and workload.
- This position requires attendance in the office during business hours.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.