Chief, Resolution Planning, CM-1101-02
Occasional travel - May require occasional overnight travel.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation benefits provided.
Completion of Confidential Financial Disclosure may be required.
Employee may be relocated to any duty location to meet management needs.
High Risk Position – Background Investigation (BI) required.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious/spiritual; community; student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Additional qualifications information can be found here.
In order to qualify for this position, applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the CG/CG-14 level or higher in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience evaluating the structure of large, complex financial companies for the purpose of identifying obstacles to orderly resolution and analyzing the activities of large, complex financial companies for the purpose of recommending regulatory or policy actions that support resolution planning efforts.
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
To read about your rights and responsibilities as an applicant for Federal employment, click here.
If selected, you may be required to serve a supervisory/managerial probationary period.
If selected, you may be required to serve a probationary period.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and the online assessment questionnaire will be reviewed, to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
The competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) you will be assessed on are listed below. If you are found qualified, your application package will be referred to a Rating Panel of Subject Matter Experts for review. Applicants will be placed into one of three categories: Qualified, Highly and Best Qualified based on the degree to which your background matches the competencies, knowledge, skills and abilities listed below. Top ranked candidates will be referred to the selecting official for further review and consideration.
1. Knowledge of banking, accounting, finance, and statistical methods, as well as laws and regulations governing the largest, most complex financial institutions and bank holding companies.
2. Experience in financial institution restructuring, bankruptcy, recapitalization, mergers and acquisitions, bridge entities, resolution strategies and creditor claims.
3. Experience with any of the following: capital markets, global financial markets, financial institutions valuations, financial institution operations and management, treasury management, qualified financial contracts, complex structured finance activities, and trading book activities.
4. Experience in risk management and risk measurement techniques used by large complex financial institutions.
5. Ability to lead highly skilled teams of resolution subject matter experts in the review of Title I and the development of Title II resolution plans.
6. Skill in discussing and negotiating complex issues verbally and in writing with high level financial institution officials, government regulatory agencies and private investors.
7. Skill in directing and motivating a subordinate staff.
You do not need to respond separately to these KSAs. Your answers to the online questionnaire and resume will serve as responses to the KSAs.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No