Assistant Coach, Softball
Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Assistant Coach, Softball
George Mason University, a member of the Atlantic 10 Conference, is seeking applicants for the position of Assistant Coach, Softball within the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics. This is a full-time, 12-month position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: This position is responsible for carrying out coaching and administrative duties for softball as directed by the Head Coach including:
- Team travel;
- Academic monitoring of athletes; and
- Instructing players in techniques of softball.
- Advanced degree, or training and work experience at a level that equates to an advanced degree;
- Demonstrated experience (at least three or more years is preferred) coaching, assisting, and/or playing in a softball program at a collegiate, club, or international level;
- Background in infield, outfield, and hitting; and ability to throw live batting practice;
- Proficiency in computer and social media skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work with sensitive private student-athlete information; and
- Must be knowledgeable of and adhere to NCAA, conference, and commonwealth rules and regulations.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA27Bz at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information. This position is subject to a criminal background check.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-09-20