Director, Organizational Development
7 days left
- Full Time
The Director of Organizational Development is a member of the United Way World Wide Culture team and plays a key role in managing the organizational development and change management initiatives to enable and drive a high-performance culture for United Way. The position reports to the Chief Culture Officer and provides strategic and tactical leadership to help our organization at the local and network level transform our way of working and core capabilities to support our vision to become a digital organization.
The Director is responsible for managing organizational development, change initiatives and projects, which includes consulting support directed at improving key performance measurements related to processes, systems, structure, culture, and/or ways of working at UWW, Local and Network. The Director will partner with talent and learning leaders at UWW and across the network to ensure integration and alignment with all development programs and strategies. The director will also partner closely with and provide consulting services to the performance and engagement teams for the US and IN networks.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION: An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Manages and Creates Organizational Development (OD) Strategies and Processes.
- Collaborates with functional leaders to develop learning solutions that quickly and efficiently impact business results and drive retention and performance
- Uses data to provide consultation on organizational effectiveness that will close gaps from current to desired future state.
- Monitors and continually improve the effectiveness of OD to ensure the advancement of the organizational strategy and culture throughout the worldwide network.
- Manages critical projects and/or initiatives, appropriately applies change management principles, philosophies, and practices to deliver desired results.
- Creates and Implements Change Management Strategy and Framework.
- Advances effective change management strategies, frameworks, and project plan to ensure successful implementation.
- Partners on the creation of training plans, resistance management plans, and monitor change readiness/progress at key project milestones.
- Delivers expert facilitation and training on change management to ensure organizational performance.
- Leads Implementation of OD and Change Management Projects, Initiatives, and Programs.
- Develops project plans, manages project implementation, provides thought leadership, and engages with stakeholders to gather and share data, and works with functional leaders to mobilize groups of people to adopt the new approaches.
- Manages committees, councils, and task forces to drive implementation and scale results.
- Delivers consulting support and services, to UWW functional leaders understands business needs and creates actionable solutions, tools, and resources.
- Provides expert facilitation, collaborates with the United Way network through functional leaders to assess and identify business needs and provide recommendations for organization design, staffing, and alignment of the structures, processes, and people with the business strategy.
- Produces and delivers webinars and training opportunities around organizational development across the worldwide United Way network.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Organizational Behavior, Organizational Development, OD, change management, consulting and HR functional experience.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in Organizational Development, with strong knowledge of the Organizational Effectiveness, Change Management.
- Minimum 3 years of consulting experience with a combination of change management and organizational development expertise in a large, global organization.
- Exceptional Project Management skillset experience with managing multiple projects, with multiple clients simultaneously with great success.
- Demonstrated expertise in organizational design, job analysis/design, creating staffing models, implementing and managing culture change and transformation initiatives.
- Strong knowledge and experience in organizational development and effectiveness interventions, best practices, and applications.
- Strong knowledge and experience in a variety of change management principles, practices, processes, and techniques.
- Demonstrated experience managing large, complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strategic leadership and the ability to understand the strategic context, translate organizational change implications and generate a change approach, solutions that drives the desired results.
- Demonstrated success in working with and managing cross-functional teams, committees, councils in identifying organizational development gaps, defining solutions, and managing the implementation with tangible results.
- Knowledge and experience in utilizing organizational development models and assessment tools.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail email@example.com or call 703-836-7100, ext. 324 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.