Human Resources Assistant
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Human Resources Assistant
The George Mason University Human Resources (HR) and Payroll Office is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic individual to serve as a part-time Human Resources Assistant. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Provide courteous and professional customer service to the community of George Mason University;
- Responsible for data entry and record management;
- Assist with the onboarding process. This includes assisting in processing of I9â€™s and other new hire paperwork;
- Gather and process necessary university personnel forms;
- Work collaboratively with other units in HR, as well as the larger university community; and
- Provide support to the HR Consultant and Onboarding Administrator.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Effective interpersonal communication and customer service skills, including tact and diplomacy;
- Ability to prioritize work and willingness to be flexible;
- Ability to handle highly confidential information with discretion and professionalism;
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines;
- Experience with collaboration and communication with diverse individuals with differing needs;
- Demonstrated experience with data entry; and
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated experience in Human Resources and Payroll;
- Due to the confidential information that this position will handle, individuals who are not George Mason University students are highly preferred;
- Higher education or public workforce experience; and
- Demonstrated experience with a Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :