Temporary Administrative Assistant
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Temporary Administrative Assistant, Office of Admissions
The George Mason University Office of Admissions seeks an efficient team player to assist the Director of Undergraduate Admissions and the Relationship Management Team as a Temporary Administrative Assistant. The Admissions Office is a fast-paced, high stress, and high energy environment, and the incumbent will be responsible for providing administrative support while representing the university with a professional and enthusiastic demeanor. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
This position requires skills in administrative support. The successful candidate will be proficient and comfortable with computers and related office technology, and will have experience in an office environment. Sensitivity in dealing with diverse constituents, as well as the maturity to handle confidential information are required skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with scheduling meetings and appointments for Director of Undergraduate Admissions, Relationship Management Team and other teams within the Admissions Office;
- Support Admissions staff members with scheduling recruitment travel. In addition to supporting the staff on this task, this will also include booking recruitment travel for some staff members;
- Work cooperatively with all Admissions recruitment and operations staff including other office administrative staff;
- Assist Admissions staff members with mailings that could include recruitment materials, travel posters and other items related to this process;
- Maintain organized electronic and paper files; and
- Other tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED, or a combination of education and experience, and a willingness to learn;
- Professionalism: applicant should be flexible, motivated, independent, creative and resourceful. Multitasking abilities are essential;
- Strong listening and comprehension skills: applicant must be able to listen to instructions carefully, and correctly follow directions;
- Strong communication skills: applicant should write clearly and effectively, and should also speak effectively to individuals at all levels; and
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications.
- 10-15 hours per week
- Flexible AM or PM shifts available
- Temporary position, position goes through mid/late October given office needs.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :