Regional Vice President
5 days left
- Full Time
Thousands of organizations serving billions of people worldwide rely on Intelsat to provide ubiquitous broadband connectivity, multi-format video broadcasting, secure satellite communications and seamless mobility services. The end result, is an entirely new world for the communities and businesses that we serve. As bandwidth demands continue to rise and 5G standards are being developed, Intelsat has been at the forefront of the technological transformation. Through our award winning, fully integrated hybrid network, we are defining new products and services that lead the way to new markets, revenue streams and most importantly meet our customers' demands for high quality, fast and reliable broadband connectivity.
Intelsat is seeking a Regional Vice President of North America (RVP) to further the transformation of our go-to-market activities in North America. The RVP will design, drive and execute the Media, Mobility and Broadband business unit go-to-market strategies in the region and deliver immediate impact in driving the strategy and revenue in the region. The RVP's critical objective is to lead Intelsat's commercial team in North America to achieve transformational revenue goals and long term sustainable and profitable revenue growth. This will be achieved by partnering closely with the Business Unit Leaders and matrixed teams to deliver a differentiated experience for current and newly acquired Broadband, Media and Mobility customers in the region. The role is based in McLean, VA and reports to the Senior Vice President of Global Sales, Marketing & Communications.
- Develop and implement go-to-market and sales strategies that deliver the revenue targets and market impact desired for our three commercial Business Units (BU). This includes strategies for both direct sales and Solution Partner channels.
- Leverage and expand your network to actively engage with current and prospective customers to build and expand executive level relationships. Position Intelsat positively and enhance client relationships by leveraging strong interpersonal and networking skills. Actively manage the development of targeted account plans for new and current accounts.
- Ensure that Intelsat has a best-in-class sales team to serve our clients. Continually challenge, motivate and support the North America team via performance based goals and objectives. Proactively provide skill improvement through on-going coaching, sales skill training and targeted recruitment. Review and revise sales systems, incentive programs and sales strategies to deliver high-performance results.
- Apply matrix leadership skills - establish productive relationships with the business unit General Managers to develop & execute the regional go-to-market plan for each Business Unit. As the Regional Vice-President, you will create unique market oriented sales and distribution plans for each business unit.
- Strategic thinker with market vision: Connect market trends with current and evolving Intelsat services
- Sales skills: Lead the team in developing sales and distribution strategies that create the best partnered sales results. Support sales activities where required, to initiate and close opportunities for maximum value.
- Leadership skills: Lead direct reports and matrixed teams to success based on SMART goals established in support of Intelsat Business Units. Create and facilitate an environment where employees are engaged and challenged by change and recruit early adopters
- Negotiation Skills: Exceptional levels of external engagement and negotiation skills
- Communication skills: Ability to articulate a clear vision. He/She must be able to communicate complex information in writing and verbally through cogent and succinct project plans and business cases. Proven experience in persuading others using logic and compelling data
- Matrix management: Able to build and maintain excellent working relationships across business units, with sales and executive staff, and with clients
- KPI Driven: Can establish clear performance standards, integrate meaningful and relevant KPIs, coach to maximize employee contribution, provide feedback and delegate effectively
- Candidates will possess an undergraduate degree in business, telecommunication or a related field; MBA or other graduate degree desirable
- Progressive and broad telecommunication, technology, and / or satellite knowledge
- Possesses a solid base of business/finance knowledge to drive business cases and value creation
- Dynamic negotiations and transaction closing experience
- Track record of leading successful sales organizations, driving business results and achieving goals and utilizing sophisticated tools
- A minimum of 7 years professional sales experience in a strategic leadership role
- Experience working in international markets and in multicultural environments
- Ability to travel extensively and internationally
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.