Education Support Specialist II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : $36,000 - $42,000
Web Announcement :
George Mason University Executive and Professional Education is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic individual for a Project Coordinator position on the Contracts Team. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Executive and Professional Education is committed to meeting the needs of organizations, agencies and individuals through both alternative credit and noncredit professional development programs that are timely, relevant and cost-effective. We strive to facilitate the development, promotion and delivery of educational and training solutions which complement the academic strengths and expertise of the university. By providing innovative and diversified educational/training experiences, we enhance workforce development, organizational effectiveness and economic development.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Project Manager and working closely with Corporate Program Managers, this position is primarily responsible for supporting contract programs offered through Executive and Professional Education, to include special open enrollment projects and contract noncredit programs within Executive and Professional Education.
Responsibilities include all functions in support of the delivery of Executive and Professional Educations contract courses including the continuous fostering of client relationships through excellent customer service and the conduct of training programs. This position is responsible for: the processing and maintenance/updates in ACEware student software and for noncredit courses (registrations, cancellations, course creation, transfers, etc.). This position provides logistical support for designated payments and tracking of student payments where applicable; and assists students, clients, partners, and academic departments with program-related questions and logistics.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Noncredit Logistical Coordination: Provides support for overall program management and logistics for assigned noncredit contract training courses and specially designated open-enrollment departmental programs;
- Coordinates/supports all aspects of program operations and logistics, including maintaining Student Manager (student registration database) and registration; processing accounts receivables/payable; and assisting with program-related questions, materials, catering, preparation of certificates and program evaluations (where applicable);
- Supports and assists program participants (where necessary);
- Assists with faculty support as needed, to include book orders and preparation of course material;
- Supports and assists with the management of timely and accurate invoicing for individual student payments;
- Supports Client Services Manager for the planning and organization of on-site programs as required;
- Processes revenue payments for applicable programs, to include credit cards and checks unless otherwise specified; and
- Posts revenue to the accounting system.
- Exemplary communication and customer services skills;
- Ability to multitask;
- Advanced use of computer applications (Microsoft Office), registration software, and student service knowledge and skills;
- Ability to expertly organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; and
- Ability to work independently, but also thrive in a team environment.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience in higher education with a strong knowledge of course life-cycle and fiscal processes; and
- Advanced computer skills, with a particular emphasis on Microsoft Office and ACEware Student Manager.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :