Senior Sales Operations Analyst
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
The analyst performs sales analytics (pipeline, sales performance, planning) and general support functions to sales teams in the assigned region, and assists with data and process enhancements in salesforce.com. The analyst will liaise with legal and finance on contracts, booking, revenue recognition, and revenue forecasting; coordinates with solution development (customer solution engineers, capacity managers, provisioning and planning) to support operational fulfillment for opportunities at various pipeline stages
Sales Analytics / Pipeline Management (40%)
- Coordinate regular pipeline reviews with sales and product to ensure accurate tracking and forecasting to meet revenue goals;
- Work with managers to ensure we are on track for regional goals and objectives, coordinate efforts for reporting and tracking;
- Release weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, and quarterly pipeline reports to monitor and drive sales performance;
- Assist sales planning by running account portfolio reports;
- Any other ad-hoc reporting requests from sales directors and sales managers.
Operational Support (40%)
- Provide pre-sales support to assigned Sales region, including:
- Coordinating the customer induction process, which involves collecting critical data from the customer to activate account in our systems and requesting a Master Service Agreement from the Legal Department;
- Conducting a quality assurance check in order to validate and ensure that all elements of an accepted proposal are in place for Contracts hand-off;
- Processing and monitoring Temporary Access Contracts (TACs).
- Provide post-sales support to assigned Sales region, including:
- Coordinating delays in start of service, especially relating to Managed Services implementation;
- Coordinating with Revenue & Billing Operations (RA) to assist in resolving billing issues;
- Processing and tracking outage or goodwill credit adjustments;
- Coordinating confirmation messages to Customers when their services are terminating.
- Provide additional support to Sales Directors, including:
- Driving the internal order/opportunity management process to bring deals to closure in a speedy and efficient way;
- Coordinating with the Credit & Collections Dept. on payment issues and credit approvals / priorities;
- Coordinating with the Legal Department on contract issues and priorities;
- Coordinating with technical staff (Customer Sales Engineering and Provisioning teams) to ensure smooth service activation as well as resolution of technical issues;
CRM Enhancement (20%)
- Conduct UAT (User Acceptance Testing) in salesforce.com;
- Coach sales in day-to-day opportunity management;
- Gather user feedback and channel requirement requests to salesforce.com product owner.
- Identify process improvement and tool improvement opportunities that make Sales more self-sufficient, and identify and suggest ways in which customer support and account management activities may be more automated.
- Monitor pipeline trend and alert sales/business leaders of risks/opportunities in attaining revenue goals
- Summarize and share regional best practices for overall improvement in the company
- Stay abreast of, and fully versed in, the commercial guidelines related to the appropriate products, assets, regions, and customers in order to be empowered to make decisions quickly with minimal need to refer deals back to headquarters for decision making.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree (or an equivalent amount of education and work experience) with at least three (3) years of applicable experience in sales support and analytics and a total of five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Must be an effective communicator both written and oral, with the ability to clearly describe business situations, process gaps, and trends, and present information to audiences across a wide range of roles and functions.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to rapidly establish and maintain highly productive working relationships at all levels across the company.
- Experience working within cross-functional teams is highly desired.
- Solid computer skills required - proficiency in MS Office Suite with intermediate skills in Excel and PowerPoint; must be comfortable using CRM tools, service booking applications, spreadsheets and reporting tools.
- Specific experience with Salesforce.com preferred.
- Must be process-oriented, with ability to apply judgment on when to flag and escalate issues.
- Accuracy and thoroughness required, along with strong personal QA processes.